The Beryl Institute announces two keynote speakers, an executive panel and a multidimensional panel as part of as part of Patient Experience Conference 2018, to be held April 16-18 at Hyatt Regency in Chicago, Illinois.
DALLAS (PRWEB) November 16, 2017
The Beryl Institute announces two keynote speakers, an executive panel and a multidimensional panel as part of as part of Patient Experience Conference 2018, to be held April 16-18 at Hyatt Regency in Chicago, Illinois. Patient Experience Conference is the largest independent, non-provider or vendor hosted event bringing together the collective voices of healthcare leaders, staff, physicians, patients and families across the globe to convene, engage and expand the dialogue on improving patient experience.
Keynote speakers bring various patient experience perspectives and include:
- John Foley, Former Lead Solo Pilot, US Navy Blue Angels
- Lee Woodruff, Author & CBS Contributor
Through Foley’s life experiences, he will inspire and empower organizations to sustain excellence under dynamic change. Woodruff will share a story of strength, healing and an understanding of fighting our own battles as her life turned upside down when her husband was wounded in an accident.
In addition to keynote speakers, an executive panel will bring three diverse leadership perspectives working to address excellence in patient experience in their healthcare organizations. Panelists include:
- Kevin Churchwell MD, Executive Vice President, Health Affairs and Chief Operating Officer, Boston Children's Hospital
- Michael Dowling, President and CEO, Northwell Health
- Georgina Garcia RN, MS, Executive Director of Kaiser, Permanente, West Los Angeles Medical Center
The conference will also feature a 360-degree view of patient experience through a panel sharing the multidimensional journey of a spina bifida patient. Panelists include:
- Aaron Holliday, Student, Son and Patient
- Erika Holliday, Mother, Patient Advocate and President of the Ann and Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital Family Advisory Board
- Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago: Rebecca Boudos LCSW, Chronic Illness Transition Specialist and Social Worker, Barbara Burke MA, LPC, Senior Director, Patient-Family Experience and Elizabeth B. Yerkes MD, Attending Physician Urology, Director of Neuro-urology
The conference program includes global insights, patient and family voice and healthcare executive representation with a broad range of topics, care settings and development levels. In addition to the previously announced 59 breakout sessions and 21 poster presentations, conference participants also have the opportunity to choose pre-conference options: Certified Patient Experience Professional (CPXP) Preparation Course, and three concurrent workshops.
View the conference program and register at: http://www.theberylinstitute.org/?page=CONF2018_OVERVIEW.
About The Beryl Institute:
The Beryl Institute is the global community of practice dedicated to improving the patient experience through collaboration and shared knowledge. We define the patient experience as the sum of all interactions, shaped by an organization’s culture, that influence patient perceptions across the continuum of care.