Inventor Develops PICK STICK (BMA-4993)

Share Article

InventHelp, founded in 1984 in Pittsburgh, is attempting to submit this idea, the Pick Stick, to applicable companies for their consideration.

The pick falling into the sound hole of a guitar is the bane of a guitarist’s existence – whether they’ve been playing for 20 minutes or 20 years. It can happen at any time, and retrieving it is a time-consuming, laborious hassle 99 percent of the time. Luck gets it out quickly the other 1 percent of the time. The usual method is to shake the guitar until the pick falls out of the sound hole. "Since this is frustrating and can cause damage to the guitar, I came up with a helpful invention," said an inventor, private guitar instructor and Berklee College of Music administrator.

Ideal for both amateur and professional guitarists, the patent-pending PICK STICK enables a user to retrieve a guitar pick that has been dropped into an acoustic or acoustic/electric guitar more quickly and easily. It eliminates the need to turn the guitar over and shake it, as well as avoids frustrating trial and error that can result in guitar damage. Overall, it saves time and effort.

Designed to promote convenience and peace of mind, the PICK STICK is compact, portable, ergonomic, easy to use/store and producible in many design variations. It also can be used to retrieve dropped items from tight spaces, or as a tool for people with limited mobility.

The original design was submitted to the Boston office of InventHelp. It is currently available for licensing or sale to manufacturers or marketers. For more information, write Dept. 16-BMA-4993, InventHelp, 217 Ninth Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15222, or call (412) 288-1300 ext. 1368. Learn more about InventHelp's Invention Submission Services at -

Share article on social media or email:

View article via:

Pdf Print

Contact Author

Michael Drew
+1 (412) 288-1300 Ext: 1368
Email >

Follow >
Follow us on
Visit website