International starch and sweeteners supply chain players will join authoritative speakers leading the discussions at 7th Starch World ASIA.
SIEM REAP, Cambodia (PRWEB) November 28, 2017
International starch and sweeteners supply chain players will join authoritative speakers leading the discussions – Simon Bentley, MD of Commoditia takes a look at Asia’s starch market outlook and cassava competitiveness. He analyzes whether Asia’s cassava industry can provide a new supply base for feed amino acid production. A key session on ‘Developing Cassava Varieties with High Amylopectin Content (Waxy Tapioca Starch) and Recent Advancements’ is presented by Dr. Hernan Ceballos, Cassava Breeder, CIAT. Dr. Ceballos provides insights on breeding, genetic and agronomic issues related to waxy cassava and its key functional properties.
In tune with the government’s national cassava policy, Cambodia’s cassava plantation and processing is a major highlight at the event. Day 1 is packed with 3 sessions on Cambodia’s fast growing cassava sector – ‘Accelerating Cassava Production in Cambodia’ presented by University of Battambang focusing on production of disease free cassava seedlings in Battambang province and the role of the Cassava Production and Distribution Center (CPDC). This is followed by Battambang Agro Industry Co. session on ‘Developing Cambodia’s cassava downstream industry and value-added activities’ and ‘Project Cassava in Cambodia – An Update’ by HLH Agriculture Division and HLH Group.
For deeper understanding of Cambodia’s cassava starch industry, a site visit to Battambang Agro Industry & Cassava propagation and distribution centre, University of Battambang is arranged on 23 Jan.
A notable presentation at the summit is by Ho Ren Hua, CEO, Thai Wah Starch on ‘Developing an Innovation Platform’ with focus on their investments in Cambodia. Sharing its experience of collaborating with organic tapioca producers is Hans Friese, CEO, Ciranda.
The event’s other Asia focused starch sessions are:
- Productivity & Sustainability of Cassava Production in Laos - SNV
- Perspective from Cassava Companies in Laos - A brief view factory, processing line, production capacities, expansion plans – KPN Tapioca Factory and Asian Agronomy Company
- Indonesia’s Competitiveness as a Sustainable Cassava Starch Producer - PT Budi Starch & Sweetener
- Modified Cassava Flour – New Opportunities for Indonesia - University of Jember
- Cassava Bio-Ethanol E5 production and distribution situation in Vietnam - Ministry of Industry and Trade (MOIT)
- Cassava Production in the Philippines & Opportunities for Downstream Processing - Department of Agriculture & Food
- Modified Corn Starch Market in India - ShreeGluco Biotech
- China‘s Corn Policy and Its Impact on Asia’s Starch Market – Rabobank Shanghai
Organized by Centre for Management Technology (CMT), this Summit is very timely with its comprehensive discussion of policy issues, spectrum, deployment and processing challenges for Asia’s starch industry. It is an opportune platform to explore areas for collaboration & cooperation between local and international players as well as form partnerships with event exhibitors G-Force, Vettertec, AVA and Trislot.
Visit 7th Starch World ASIA website for more details or contact Ms. Huiyan Fu at +65 6346 9113.