This year, we’re providing gift packs that are more personal, that will not only be appreciated gifts this holiday season, but all-year-round. - Marisa de Belloy, CEO of Cool Effect
SAN FRANCISCO (PRWEB) November 22, 2017
At a time when generosity and gift giving is at its peak, Cool Effect believes there is a way to give back to both individuals and the planet at the same time. Today, the Bay Area based non-profit bringing together a community of individuals with a common goal to fight climate change, is thrilled to announce the launch of its new gifting packs, providing creative and impactful gifts for anyone and everyone who cares about saving the Earth.
At its core, Cool Effect is a platform that hosts the world’s best carbon reduction projects, all of which verifiably reduce greenhouse gas emissions from the atmosphere, along with numerous co-benefits for local citizens and wildlife in the communities the projects are based. To make holiday gift giving easier this season, Cool Effect has bundled these projects for more personal gift packages, giving individuals a more direct connection to the great work of the carbon-cutting projects.
“With the success of Cool Effect’s gift options last year, we decided to launch an even more robust portfolio after hearing from our community of supporters,” said Marisa de Belloy, CEO of Cool Effect. “This year, we’re providing gift packs that are more personal, that will not only be appreciated gifts this holiday season, but all-year-round.”
Each tax-deductible gift pack is available at a recommended donation level of $25 or $100, or you can choose any dollar amount to be gifted. There are a total of six gift packs available as follows:
- The Snowman Gift Pack -- Save a snowman and warm the heart of that special winter-lover in your life. When you give this gift you help fight climate change and preserve everything we love about the snow, from sledding and forts, to ice skating and icicles. Cool Effect has projects across the globe that verifiably reduce carbon pollution to fight climate change, and this gift package allows you to support every single one of them.
- The Poo Package -- The idea of poo as a gift is hilarious but the power of poo is no joke. Dung, biomass and other climate destroying fuels can now be replaced with energy created by biogas digesters that turn animal and human waste into clean, usable energy. That’s right. Poo can be turned into power! A Poo Package helps family farmers in India build their very own biogas digesters that reduce harmful methane emissions clean up their environment, and make cooking easier, cleaner, and safer.
- The Cuckoo Combo -- This gift pack is an ode to the Yellow-Billed Cuckoo, a threatened bird known for filling the air with cuckoo sounds, just like the clock, before thunderstorms and late summer showers. By capturing Methane (CH4) and reducing Nitrous Oxide (N20) emissions, these projects reduce Earth-warming emissions while generating income for local communities and improving air quality to protect these endangered birds.
- Happy Holidays, Happy Health -- Our cookstove projects have been grouped into one handy gift for the planet, its cooks and its kids. Cookstoves are designed with a special technology that reduces wood use while burning more cleanly. When less wood is burned, fewer greenhouse gases are emitted. When wood is burned efficiently, sooty, cancer-causing smoke disappears and kids and moms breathe easier every day. Giving the gift of Happy Holidays, Happy Health will help provide a safer, cleaner home environment for children and their moms around the world.
- The Big Fan -- Tell the science nerd in your life that you’re their BIGest FAN by funding the construction of wind turbines. Your gift will generate both wind energy and jobs. Just one wind turbine can power multiple homes, businesses and schools all while providing good jobs in manufacturing, installation and maintenance to hard-working Costa Ricans.
- A Brew-tiful Gift -- Our Brew-tiful Gift is a love letter to that elixir of life, that hug in a mug, that wondrous liquid called coffee. Farmers in coffee growing regions have seen their farms growing hotter and drier due to climate change. Unfortunately, that means less coffee for all of us. By supporting these projects, your gift will help reduce Earth-warming emissions by reducing the number of trees cut for firewood in important coffee growing areas of the world.
To learn more about Cool Effect’s gift packs and to buy a gift today, please visit cooleffect.org/gifts.
About Cool Effect™:
Cool Effect is a San Francisco Bay Area 501(c)(3) non-profit that allows individuals to create a tangible impact on climate change through a digital platform, providing consistent funding to the highest-quality carbon reducing projects around the world.
Cool Effect was founded on the passionate belief that individual support of projects will create a cumulative effect that will reduce and prevent carbon pollution. Like the Butterfly Effect, The Ripple Effect, and others, a single action can have global impact. The organization's mission is to ignite planet sized change. To learn more, please visit cooleffect.org or follow Cool Effect on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.