Two of the latest innovations in weighing technology specifically designed to minimize external influences on analytical and precision balances are discussed during this webinar.
GREIFENSEE, Switzerland (PRWEB) December 05, 2017
External factors that can influence weighing accuracy are often overlooked, even though an unreliable weighing result can have a profound effect downstream on the quality of the final result.
An on-demand webinar from METTLER TOLEDO, “Worry-free weighing: Dealing with static and drafts", features guest presenter Prof. Dr. Peter Ryser from the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (EPFL) in Lausanne and provides laboratory personnel with tips and advice on how to reduce or eliminate the effects of disruptive influences on weighing, including electrostatic charges, temperature variations, and air turbulence or drafts. It will also discuss simple steps that can be taken to address these problems, as well as weighing accessories to make the tasks of a balance operator more straightforward and less error-prone.
Two of the latest innovations in weighing technology specifically designed to minimize external influences on analytical and precision balances are discussed during this webinar:
- StaticDetect™ – automatic static detection for analytical balances; warns whether a weighing result has been influenced by an electrostatic charge and indicates the magnitude of the error.
- SmartPan™ – innovative weighing pan designed for precision balances; delivers a more accurate weighing result in less than half the time, especially in an unstable environment.
Viewers of this webinar will:
- Learn how to improve weighing accuracy by recognizing common external influences;
- Understand how to avoid or control the effect of electrostatic charges on weighing results;
- Realize how to manage temperature differences to maximize the accuracy of weighing;
- Recognize what can be done to eliminate the effect of drafts or air turbulence on the weighing result.
This webinar will be of interest to laboratory managers, technicians, research assistants and supervisors; balance users; quality managers and consultants; and anyone who is concerned with accurate weighing in the laboratory.
Achieve worry-free weighing by watching the webinar here.
About METTLER TOLEDO
METTLER TOLEDO is a leading global supplier of precision instruments and services. The Company is the world’s largest manufacturer and marketer of weighing instruments for use in laboratory, industrial and food retailing applications. METTLER TOLEDO also holds top-three market positions in several related analytical instruments and is a leading provider of automated chemistry systems used in drug and chemical compound discovery and development. In addition, the Company is the world’s largest manufacturer and marketer of metal detection and other end-of-line inspection systems used in production and packaging and holds a leading position in certain process analytics applications. Additional information about METTLER TOLEDO can be found at http://www.mt.com