[AlertBot's] website performance showdowns serve as a benchmark that all businesses — not just global e-commerce enterprises — can use to evaluate and optimize their own performance, and reach a level where their digital property is truly among the very best of the best.
ALLENTOWN, Pa. (PRWEB) November 29, 2017
AlertBot, which enables businesses around the world to continuously monitor the availability and performance of their mission-critical public internet services, has wrapped-up a special Black Friday / Cyber Monday edition of its popular “Website Performance Showdown” series with an epic clash between three e-commerce titans: Amazon, Walmart and Target.
AlertBot’s website performance showdowns — which in the past have pitted heavyweights such as Home Depot vs. Lowe’s, Burger King vs. McDonald’s, and other major brands — use the company’s external website monitoring system and proprietary TrueBrowser™ technology to test each combatant’s digital muscle across four areas: reliability, speed, geography and usability.
- Reliability looks at the volume, frequency and type of various website failure events — such as when a page fails to load completely or properly — and then dives deep to identify the root cause.
- Speed looks at the time it takes for a home page to render, load, and become fully interactive for a first-time visitor (i.e. one who has no cache of a website’s content).
- Geography looks at potential discrepancies in how a website performs when accessed from different states in the U.S., and countries around the world.
- Usability looks at the ease or difficulty for website visitors to achieve typical process-based objectives, such as searching for an item, placing in a shopping cart, and completing their order.
To give credit where it’s due, websites can achieve victory in individual tests. For example, a brand may triumph over its competition for website speed and reliability, but lag behind on geography and usability. Ultimately, however, AlertBot crunches all of the numbers — the good, the bad and the ugly — to render a final verdict and declare a champion.
With respect to how the trio of e-commerce warriors — Amazon, Walmart and Target — fared during AlertBot’s special Black Friday / Cyber Monday Website Performance Showdown.
- Reliability: Amazon, Walmart, Target (3-Way Tie)
- Speed: Walmart takes 1st place, Amazon a very close 2nd
- Geography: Walmart takes 1st place, Amazon a very close 2nd
- Usability: Target takes 1st place, Amazon and Walmart tie for 2nd
With all things considered, AlertBot names Walmart.com the overall winner of its special 2017 Black Friday / Cyber Monday Website Performance Showdown. For a blow-by-blow recap of the battle — including all of the performance data down to the millisecond - see AlertBot's blog at: http://blog.alertbot.com
“In addition to being a lot of fun for our team, our website performance showdowns serve as a benchmark that all businesses — not just global e-commerce enterprises — can use to evaluate and optimize their own performance, and reach a level where their digital property is truly among the very best of the best,” commented Pedro Pequeno, President of InfoGenius.com, Inc. which owns and operates AlertBot.
For additional information, contact John DiBiase, Digital Media Specialist of AlertBot at jdibiase[at]alertbot.com or (610) 231-3799.
Founded in 2006, through its industry-leading TrueBrowser® solution AlertBot enables businesses to continuously monitor the availability and performance of their mission critical public Internet services from across the country and around the world. When AlertBot detects an issue with websites or servers, it analyzes the problem within seconds from multiple geographic locations, and delivers real-time alerts to business leaders and system administrators via devices such as smartphones and mobile devices. Thousands of companies trust AlertBot to help them deliver the uptime and performance they expect, and their customers demand. Learn more at http://www.AlertBot.com.
About InfoGenius.com, Inc.
Founded in 1999 by a group of engineers, InfoGenius prides itself in building and delivering quality enterprise-class services that help businesses, both small and large, realize their greatest potential online. InfoGenius conducts its business through its network of independently branded services including AlertBot, ELayer and UptimeSafe. Learn more at http://www.infogenius.com.