We’re breaking the fourth wall of advertising by actually asking users what they want, so they can take a more active role in their ad experiences. The adventures are dynamic, and change according to what the user selects. That’s true interactivity.
Tel Aviv, Israel (PRWEB) November 30, 2017
Leading mobile monetization and marketing company ironSource today announced the launch of 4D Interactive Ads, which through interactive ‘choose your own adventure’ journeys, encourage users to become active participants in their ad experiences. Effectively breaking the fourth wall of advertising, 4D Interactive Ads take the user through various scenarios, inviting them to select their preference, with the ad changing based on their choices. In addition to creating enjoyable, personalized mobile ad experiences for users, 4D Interactive Ads provide advertisers with unprecedented in-ad user behavior data, enabling them to better understand their audience.
“Interactive ads like playables are making headlines this year for capturing users’ attention in ways the mobile industry hasn't seen before. 4D ads, however, take this sort of interactivity to the next level, using personalization to drive the experience,” said Dan Greenberg, Chief Design Officer at ironSource. “We’re breaking the fourth wall of advertising by actually asking users what they want, so they can take a more active role in their ad experiences. The adventures are dynamic, and change according to what the user selects. That’s true interactivity, and more importantly, drives significant increases in brand recall, and intent to purchase.”
4D ads are the latest format in ironSource’s extensive interactive ads suite, which also includes playable ads, interactive end cards and AR ads. ironSource’s Playworks Studio, which is made up of designers, animators, developers, video producers, copywriters and analysts, produces all the creatives entirely in-house, combining data-driven insights, extensive A/B testing, and creative expertise to create ad units that consistently outperform industry benchmarks.
4D ads are based on video content, with interactivity layered on top, using a ‘choose your own adventure’ format to take users through various scenarios, inviting them to select their preferences and create a personalized journey. According to a recent survey from Adobe Digital Insights, the majority of consumers today say they prefer personalized ads, but the ones they are seeing are not good enough, with only 6% of marketers deploying advanced personalization in their marketing strategies.
4D Interactive Ads aim to close this gap by empowering advertisers to deliver dynamic, truly personalized ad experiences that not only delight users, but facilitate data-driven marketing decisions as well. By explicitly asking users about their preferences, these ads provide a treasure trove of audience data that can be used to inform marketing and even product optimization. In addition to giving control to advertisers, who now have a direct line to consumers across the globe, first-party insights from 4D ads are highly actionable, reflecting real-time consumer preferences.
“This is a first for the mobile advertising world. Previously, networks could only pass on data about completions and clicks, which doesn’t say much about who the user is or what they like. With 4D ads, advertisers can ask their users specific questions and learn more about them. Do they prefer to listen to music on the train or at the gym? Are they more interested in makeup or clothes? Answers to questions like this have tremendous value for advertisers,” continued Greenberg. “Understanding consumers is a difficult task. 4D ads make it much easier, giving brands a chance to leverage the intimate mobile medium for what it was meant to do, tear down that fourth wall.”
ironSource, the leading in-app video advertising platform, makes free-to-play and free-to-use possible for over 1.2B people around the world. We build technologies that help app developers take their apps to the next level, including the industry’s largest in-app video network. Since only 2% of users pay to play, we provide tools to engage the other 98%. That’s why thousands of apps use our technologies to grow their app businesses, and why we’re working with leading companies like Big Fish Games, Zynga and Playrix. We care about good creative and making ads as enjoyable as your games, and our designers sit next to our performance team, making sure data informs every creative decision. Founded in 2010, we’re a truly global company, with a strong local presence in Tel Aviv, London, New York, San Francisco, Beijing, Bangalore, Seoul and Tokyo. Read more at http://www.ironsrc.com.