NEW YORK (PRWEB) November 30, 2017
InteractiveTV Today, [itvt], the most widely read and trusted news source on multiplatform interactive and social TV, will return to New York City with its innovative event, The TV of Tomorrow Show(TVOT), December 7, 2017. The event will bring together an impressive line-up of executives and visionaries from leading media, entertainment, advertising, and technology companies to look at the current status of the multilayer TV/OTT/social-video industry and to explore developments yet to come.
Topics of discussion at this year's TVOT NYC show will include: new research on how consumers are watching television and video; new initiatives, methodologies and technologies for measuring TV audiences across platforms; the implications of the new ATSC 3.0 ("Next-Gen TV") standard, which has been hailed as having the potential to revolutionize local broadcast TV; how artificial intelligence (AI) is set to dramatically impact both TV advertising and content; the potential of blockchain technology to make programmatic ad-buying more efficient and trustworthy; the challenges facing the emerging OTT/SVOD TV ecosystem; how new forms of data and analysis are transforming TV and video advertising; the rise of diginets; the potential of social video to disrupt mainstream TV and advertising; and how to visualize the future of the TV viewing experience.
Speakers at this year's event include such luminaries as:
- Arthur Orduna, Chief Innovation Officer, Avis-Budget
- Barry Tishgart, SVP and GM, BAMTECH Media
- Bob Sullivan, SVP of Programming, TEGNA Media
- Dave Morgan, CEO, Simulmedia
- John Penney, EVP of Consumer Business Development and Partnerships, 20th Century Fox
- Jonathan Barzilay, COO, PBS
- Lysa Banks, Head of Technical and Engineering Strategy, IBM Watson Media
- Mark Aitken, VP of Advanced Technology, Sinclair Broadcast Group
- Michael Strober, Co-Head, Turner Ignite
- Rich Chernock, Chair, ATSC Technical Group
- Sandeep Milar, Global Head of Advertising Solutions, Visa
- Sofia Chang, EVP of Worldwide Digital Distribution and Home Entertainment, HBO
- Soumya Sriraman, President, North America, BritBox
- Tara Walpert Levy, VP of Agency and Media Solutions, Google
- Todd Parkin, General Manager, MGM Networks
Panel sessions include:
- TV or Not TV? Where and How Are People Watching Video Today?
- Practical AI in the Content Ecosystem
- How TV Measurement Is Ready to Take the Ball Back from Digital
- Beyond OTT: Delighting the Audience! Sponsored by Axonista
- Fireside: Jonathan Barzilay, COO, PBS
- Connected TV and Advertising
- AI and Advertising
- Diginets: Why It's Time to Take the Multicast Business Seriously
- Presentation: Michael Strober, EVP of Client Strategy & Ad Innovation, Turner Broadcasting/Co-Head, Turner Ignite
- Presentation: Jenny Burke, SVP of Ad Sales Strategy, NBCUniversal
- Laying the Groundwork for OTT
- Data-Driven Advertising: Hurdles and Opportunities
- The Emerging OTT Ecosystem and its Challenges
- ATSC 3.0 Super-Session
- 360 VR Video Goes Mainstream
- Making Cross-Platform Measurement Make Sense
- Designer-Technologist Dialog on the Future of the TV Viewing Experience
- DataVision Killed the Demographic Star
- The New Mainstream Media: Social Video and Its Implications
- Digital Chiefs Roundtable
- The Turn to "Soft Power": Influencer Marketing and Branded Content in Social Video
"This coming year, a number of fascinating new technologies--including AI, Blockchain, ATSC 3.0 and more--are set to have a dramatic impact on the TV, video and advertising industries," said Tracy Swedlow, Co-Producer of The TV of Tomorrow Show. "We're very pleased that this year's TVOT NYC will bring together many of the key figures behind the development of these new technologies and their application to television."
TVOT NYC 2017 sponsors include Turner, LG, W12 Studios, Axonista, Lotame, Inscape, Connekt, Gracenote, Sorenson Media, Alphonso, Simplestream, Verance, Thomson-Broadcast, Videology, Think Analytics, Ad-ID, EIDR, The Vertere Group, Hub Entertainment Research, Daddi Brand Communications, Interactive Television Alliance, and Breakaway Communications.
TVOT NYC will also feature demonstrations of sponsors' newest technologies, and a cocktail party will follow after the show wraps, allowing attendees to network and mingle with the impressive line-up of speakers and sponsors.
Rave reviews from past events include:
"We were thrilled to be the Premier sponsor at TVOT. The caliber of the content and the attendees was spectacular, so we're looking forward to future events, too. Our team made some great connections…We had a good amount of press…And the conversations were top quality. Fantastic event!" – Sponsor, Adobe
"It’s been a great conference. I really enjoyed a panel on “How to Mobilize a Content Team,” which reminded that there are so many new voices and new technologies that we could bring to bear on our mission." -- Jennifer Dorian, EVP 360 Brand Strategy & GM of TCM & FilmStruck (Keynote Fireside Speaker)
"Thank you for the invitation to be a keynote speaker this year. It was a lot of fun and I truly enjoyed the event on Tuesday. You did a great job and I can tell it’s a lot of work pulling it all together. Thank you again." – Rob Hayes, EVP, Digital, NBC Entertainment (Keynote Fireside Speaker)
"Thank you for organizing such a great event and allowing us to be part of a panel. It’s nice to see such a tight knit community of industry leaders together under one roof. We look forward to participating in future TVOT conferences." - Michael Strober, EVP, Client Strategy & Ad Innovation, Turner
"You truly put together the best group of people! I always meet a couple of fascinating folks." – Sherry Brennan, SVP of Distribution Strategy and Development, Fox Networks
"Well done Tracy: another great event filled with innovative ideas and great people! Appreciate being a part of it." -- Adam J. Lowy, Director, Advanced TV & Digital Sales, DISH Media Sales & Sling TV
"Just wanted to send a quick thank you again for a good show out in San Fran. I really enjoyed the opportunity to speak on the VR panel and have mentioned the fall event to a few of my colleagues. I think the invite list and format spark some good dialog on the future of the industry. " – Andy Gorski, Sr. Director of Category Marketing, BestBuy
About InteractiveTV Today:
Founded in 1998 by Tracy Swedlow and co-owned by Richard Washbourne, InteractiveTV Today [itvt] is the most widely read and trusted news source on the rapidly emerging medium of multiplatform, broadband interactive television (ITV). We provide concise, original coverage of industry developments, technologies, content projects, and the people building the business to our readership, which is made up of hundreds of thousands of executives from around the world.
For further sponsorship information or speaking opportunities, please contact:
Tracy Swedlow at swedlow(at)itvt(dot)com