This one-day super conference on climate change solutions includes a world-class line up of speakers providing real-life information from projects they are spearheading in the areas of smart cities, renewable energy, advanced technologies, intelligent water, and more.
LAKE CITY, Colo. (PRWEB) December 01, 2017
Green Builder Media, Mayor Dyer, and the City of Orlando are joining forces to host the one-day Sustainability Symposium 2018: Champions of Change, January 8, 2018, at the University of Central Florida campus in Orlando.
This one-day super conference on climate change solutions includes a world-class line up of speakers providing real-life information from projects they are spearheading in the areas of smart cities, renewable energy, advanced technologies, intelligent water, and more, including:
- Paul Hawken—considered to be one of the fathers of the sustainability movement, Hawken’s most recent book, Drawdown, offers a comprehensive plan for reversing global warming.
- Jeremy Rifkin—economist, futurist, and author of The Zero Marginal Cost Society and The Third Industrial Revolution, Rifkin is working with leaders in the United States, European Union, and China to implement smart city initiatives.
- Governor Martin O’Malley—former Mayor of Baltimore and Governor of Maryland, O’Malley will unveil his plan to take the country to 100% renewable by 2030.
- Buddy Dyer—Mayor of Orlando, Dyer is leading the city to become one of the nation’s fastest-growing metropolitan areas focused on inclusiveness, opportunity and quality of life, with a strong focus on enabling technologies, renewable energy, clean transportation, and sustainability.
- Laura Turner Seydel—media mogul Ted Turner’s daughter, Seydel is implementing intelligent water, clean mobility, and zero waste initiatives with the City of Atlanta.
Plus, attend quick-hit, inspirational sessions including:
- Disruptive Technologies for Smart Cities, Mike Hess, VP Smart Cities, Panasonic
- Disruptive Strategies for the Evolving Housing Market, CR Herro, VP Innovation and Environmental Affairs, Meritage Homes
- Unlocking the Potential of Intelligent Water, Dena Mayne, VP Marketing and Customer Experience, Uponor North America
- Improving Quality of Life through Innovative Technology and Design, Terry Beaubois, Architect and Guest Lecturer at Stanford University
- Innovative Financing Solutions for Resilient Building, Samantha Medlock, Former White House Resiliency Advisor and Senior Vice President Capital, Science & Policy, Willis Towers Watson
- Zero Energy Ready Design Strategies, Mark Stimson, Builder Channel, Bosch Thermotechnology Corporation
Join us for the Symposium, as we devise concrete plans, specific strategies, and real solutions that will navigate the path to a better world. Click here to register https://www.greenbuildermedia.com/champions-of-change-2018. Space is limited, to be sure to reserve your seat today!
Check out the coverage of last year’s Sustainability Symposium, including videos, here. https://www.greenbuildermedia.com/ready-for-anything-2017
Want to learn more about attending or sponsoring the Sustainability Symposium 2018: Champions of Change? Contact Green Builder Media CEO Sara Gutterman at firstname.lastname@example.org.