STERLING, Va. (PRWEB) December 19, 2017
Avitecture, Inc., a leading audiovisual systems designer and integrator with nearly 40 years of experience, today announced completion of innovative audiovisual solutions at The Wharf, the largest waterfront development in the nation and the first major redevelopment in Washington, DC’s southwest quadrant in more than 50 years. The Wharf reestablishes the nation’s capital as a waterfront city and destination. This remarkable, mile-long stretch along the Potomac River has come to life with restaurants, retailers, residences, and businesses, all complemented by monumental views and vibrant culture.
To realize the goals of the Hoffman-Madison Waterfront team and Clark Construction, Avitecture planned, developed and integrated network-based audio systems seamlessly into existing architectural elements of The Wharf. Avitecture’s enhancements include:
- A waterproof, outdoor sound system at the street level to provide music for general background ambiance and for specific themed events and activities.
- A zoned speaker system to allow audio programming in different areas of the property simultaneously. One zone includes sound for an ice rink in the winter months. Fitness classes may be conducted in another zone with the ability to amplify an instructor’s personal sound system through a larger system.
- When a live band is playing, a feed is received from the band’s sound system for widespread amplification throughout The Wharf.
- Paging microphones allow Wharf management to make emergency announcements.
- Integration of copper and fiber optic–based network audio products accommodate the large size of the property and allow a decentralized approach, with nearly limitless future scalability.
- All aspects of the system can be managed by a touch panel in the control room as well as by a wireless Apple iPad anywhere in the site.
About Avitecture, Inc.
Avitecture, Inc., (1 Export Drive, Sterling, VA 20164) is the renowned audiovisual systems designer and integrator with more than four decades of experience. Avitecture is an employee-owned company of engineers, programmers, installation technicians, project managers, service and support team, sales consultants, and administrative personnel, all committed to delivering unified communications and maintaining superb responsiveness and client support. For more information visit http://www.avitecture.com. Avitecture© is a registered trademark of Avitecture, Inc. Other products mentioned are registered trademarks of their respective owners.