LAS VEGAS (PRWEB) December 15, 2017
Engagement ring ads seem to have taken over network and cable TV in recent weeks, and anyone searching Google, Yahoo or Bing will likely have noticed diamonds, designers and jewelry stores popping up everywhere. The holidays are indeed the most popular time of the year to get engaged, which means brides and grooms-to-be, along with parents, aunts, sisters and friends of the couple, will soon be busy planning weddings scheduled to take place in 2018.
Whether you want a traditional church wedding followed by a dinner reception or a more modern (and affordable) destination wedding, these 10 wedding trends for 2018 predicted by the famous Chapel of the Flowers in Las Vegas, the Wedding Capital of the World, will give you a hint at what might be popular in the new year.
1) The Wedding Party: Best Man and Maid of Honor Gender Shake-Up. A groom’s best friend is a female, so why shouldn’t she be the “best wo-man?” She can still wear a beautiful dress, or put a feminine touch on the traditional tuxedo. If the bride’s brother has been by her side through thick and thin, it makes perfect sense to make him the “Man of Honor.” His suit can be in the same color family as the bridesmaids, or he can wear a tux that matches the groomsmen.
2) Flowers: Ultra Violet is the Pantone color for 2018 and brides who want to incorporate this vivid purple into their ceremony and reception are in luck when it comes to options for wedding flowers. If you desire a bold bouquet, consider using purple hydrangeas, purple lisianthus or lavender roses. Veronica, lavender and statice are lovely deep purple flower options for the pew markers and altar flowers, as well as filler for the bouquets and centerpieces.
3) Princess-Worthy Second Weddings: In May 2018, the world will watch England’s most eligible prince say “I do” to the beautiful Meghan Markle, an American actress, humanitarian, and… a divorcee. The royal family is finally embracing reality and is planning to pull out all the stops for this modern fairytale romance. We predict that brides and grooms getting remarried will follow Prince Harry and Meghan’s lead and go all out with their dream second-time-around wedding.
4) Rustic Themes: Barn venues will continue to be popular for the wedding venue, but with some new twists, including water features and chic accents to enhance the rustic look. The Glass Gardens at Chapel of the Flowers in Las Vegas is on-trend with the rustic-chic décor, and even has a state-of-the-art ceiling that can mimic a sunset anytime of the day.
5) Glam Ceremonies: Future princess Meghan Markle is also expected to bring her Hollywood roots to London and have a glam wedding worthy of a famous actress. Expect to see more weddings in 2018 with designer details and lots of sparkle, inspired by the lavish televised wedding of rapper Gucci Mane and Keyshia Ka’oir.
6) Destination Ceremonies: Couples are waiting longer before getting married, and many want to celebrate with close family and friends who have supported their journey. Destination weddings in Las Vegas are predicted to be more popular than ever in 2018 due to a variety of hotel options, world-class restaurants, and activities for guests of all ages ranging from shows and concerts to helicopter rides over the Grand Canyon and hiking in scenic parks. Star Wars fans can even trek to another destination wedding galaxy (actually the Valley of Fire, just outside Las Vegas) and have a light saber photo session.
7) Metallic: Gold and copper are expected to still be popular, but Wedding Wire predicts that chrome and silver will start to pop up in 2018 as metallics to incorporate into the wedding dress and bridal accessories (perhaps Jimmy Choo Lancer metallic leather pumps?), décor and invitations.
8) The Wedding Cake: No longer is a simple three-tiered white cake the norm for weddings and vow renewal ceremonies. Couples want guests to see their personalities and style represented and consider the wedding cake to be a work of edible art. Marie’s Gourmet Bakery in Las Vegas offers custom cakes in all sizes that would be perfect for an intimate champagne celebration, a post-wedding dinner with family, and can even create extravagant masterpieces for large receptions held at one of the city’s lavish ballrooms or clubs.
9) Affordable Weddings: Big weddings are fine for the uber-rich, but if you’re saving for a house or have kids already, the trend in 2018 toward affordable weddings will allow many couples to breathe in a sigh of relief. Ways couples are expected to keep wedding costs down will include having weddings at home, hosting short and simple receptions with just dessert and champagne, and heading to cities like Las Vegas for affordable destination weddings.
10) The Wedding Dress: Will 2018 be the year the bride walks down the aisle in a gorgeous white dress and leather jacket? Bridal gown designer Monique Lhuillier had her models rock the runway in studded white leather jackets paired with her stunning wedding gowns at New York Bridal Fashion Week. Starry-eyed brides will find a selection of gowns with star appliques and holographic details, and also dreamy ball gowns with romantic tulle skirts. Short and sexy dresses – and jumpsuits! – will give long-legged brides a chance to show off what they’ve got, and if you’ve got the legs, we say flaunt ‘em.
About Chapel of the Flowers
Chapel of the Flowers, located at 1717 Las Vegas Boulevard South, has been celebrating love for nearly 60 years. The stunning indoor and outdoor chapels seat between 20 and 88 guests, and receive top ratings from couples around the world as well as from local residents of Las Vegas.
Founded in 1960, Chapel of the Flowers is Las Vegas' highest rated and largest full-service wedding venue, providing traditional, modern and elegant Las Vegas weddings on the world-famous Strip. Nearly an acre of cobblestone-accented grounds and vibrant backdrops are designed to capture every picture-perfect moment of a Las Vegas wedding. Professional wedding planners ensure that every aspect of the wedding day is personal, easy and stress-free. Chapel of the Flowers' impeccable customer service assures the couple that all details of the wedding, including the ceremony, flowers, award-winning photography and reception venues will result in cherished memories for a lifetime. Chapel of the Flowers is honored to be one of the preferred venues in Las Vegas, the wedding capital of the world.
Chapel of the Flowers - Director of Operations
Phone: 702-735- 4331, ext 806
Email: nicoler (at) littlechapel.com