(PRWEB) December 17, 2017
This December, Pond Lehocky is donating to local and national charities for “25 Days of Giving.” During the second week of the program, the firm wrote letters to American soldiers and their families, volunteered at local organizations, adopted animals, and held bake sales to benefit those in need.
Causes supported during December 8 through 15:
- Day 8: Omega Horse Rescue and Rehabilitation, a local organization that educates about equine care, legislates for humane treatment of horses and finds homes for horses in need. The firm sponsored a horse to help offset the cost of care and continued training while it waits for a permanent home.
- Day 9: Alzheimer’s Association, a national organization supporting research, care, and advocacy for those affected by Alzheimer’s and other dementias. The firm donated to further their mission to eliminate Alzheimer’s disease.
- Day 10: Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, the nation's first hospital devoted exclusively to the care of children. The firm donated gifts for children staying in the hospital this holiday season.
- Day 11: No Kid Hungry, a national organization helping to fight childhood hunger and teaching kids and their families to cook healthy, affordable meals. The firm held a bake sale to raise money for the organization and the Partners matched the profits.
- Day 12: Families Forward Philadelphia, Philadelphia’s largest emergency shelter for families and travelers providing advice, guidance, protection, and shelter since 1915. This year marked the firms 5th annual holiday celebration at the shelter, providing holiday cheer for homeless and traveling families. Staff members joined together with the shelter to throw a pizza party, decorate stockings, give presents, and even meet Santa!
- Day 13: World Wildlife Fund, a global organization protecting nature and wildlife in more than 100 countries. The firm symbolically adopted an African elephant calf as part of a global effort to protect wild animals and their habitats.
- Day 14: Rock Ministries of Philadelphia, a boxing and mentorship program in Kensington, Philadelphia, serving over 5,000 kids through sports, arts, music, mentoring, and Bible studies, and providing food to the needy in the community. The firm donated gloves, coffee, and tea to the North Philadelphia church.
- Day 15: Operation Gratitude, a national organization supporting U.S. Military and First Responder communities by sending care packages and letters to deployed soldiers and to their children left behind. The firm wrote letters to express our thanks and support this holiday season.
Pond Lehocky Stern Giordano looks forward to continuing 25 Days of Giving by helping more local, national, and global charities this holiday season.