Each up-and-coming designer chosen will showcase his or her collection on the nationally-recognized runway before leading fashion insiders, influencers and media.
CHARLESTON, S.C. (PRWEB) December 18, 2017
Lexus Charleston Fashion Week® (CFW), one of the nation’s leading fashion events, is proud to announce the top 12 Emerging Designer Semifinalists for the 2018 fashion competition. This year, Emerging Designers hale from a diverse collection of cities around the country, include a former Project Runway contestant and features the competition's youngest designer ever–she's 12 years old.
Each Emerging Designer will compete for the top prize March 13 – 17, 2018 under the tents in Marion Square in the heart of historic downtown Charleston. Tickets are now on sale for the hotly anticipated fashion event of the year, just in time for the holidays. Visit the website to purchase runway tickets, nightly passes, VIP packages and more.
“We were overwhelmed by the number of talented applicants of all ages, skill sets and education,” said Pauline Nakios, CFW fashion panel judge. “Each up-and-coming designer chosen will showcase his or her collection on the nationally-recognized runway before leading fashion insiders, influencers and media.”
The Lexus Charleston Fashion Week® 2018 Emerging Designer Competition Semifinalists chosen to debut their collections include:
- Tygerian Burke // Charlotte, North Carolina
- Kelly Callaway // Scottsdale, Arizona
- Kenya Freeman // Atlanta, Georgia
- Tina Gancev // Atlanta, Georgia
- Sharae Hines // Charlotte, North Carolina
- Heather Rose Johnson // Charleston, South Carolina
- Tierra Macon // Los Angeles, California
- Joan Madison // Columbus, Ohio
- Kimberly Millar // Charlotte, North Carolina
- Patresea Peppers // Atlanta, Georgia
- Emilie Schroeder // Brooklyn, New York
- Patrick Tai & Terrence Henderson // Charlotte, North Carolina
The 2018 Emerging Designer Grand Prize Winner, selected by a fashion panel of judges at the Saturday night Fashion Finale, will receive an enhanced prize package worth more than $40,000, including the following:
- $10,000 cash
- Once-in-a-lifetime lunch with Fern Mallis in New York City in 2018
- Mentorship with L2 Apparel and Lilia P. CEO, Pauline Sokol Nakios
- Featured Designer event or show at Charleston Fashion Week 2018
- $10,000 website or search engine marketing package from F22 Internet Solutions
The Emerging Designer Competition began eleven years ago and serves as a platform for undiscovered talent, connecting them with top fashion trendsetters including New York Fashion Week Founder and international fashion consultant, Fern Mallis, and CFDA members and top designers like David Hart, CADET, and Tracy Reese. Previous winners and contestants have been featured in VOGUE, Marie Claire, ELLE, Women’s Wear Daily and on CNN.com, along with other major media outlets; and their collections have been picked up by stores including Anthropologie, BARNEY’s New York and Neiman Marcus. For more information, including tickets and availability, visit charlestonfashionweek.com.
About Lexus Charleston Fashion Week®
Showcasing fashion designers, retailers, and models, the 12th annual Lexus Charleston Fashion Week® (#LexusCFW) is one of the premier fashion weeks in North America. Named a Top 20 Event for March by the Southeast Tourism Society, this multimedia event presents high-end runway shows, interactive entertainment, chic after- parties, and press events. The 2017 event featured more than 40 runway shows with 8,100 attendees. Lexus Charleston Fashion Week® 2018 is scheduled for March 13 – 17. For more information visit charlestonfashionweek.com or @chasfashweek.