"We initiated this survey as part of our ongoing commitment to educate consumers on how to improve their skin health, in particular during the festive holiday season."
ATLANTA (PRWEB) December 28, 2017
The survey of adult women in the United States also revealed the lack of face cleansing habits could be a key culprit behind the proliferation of growing skin concerns.
- For those that choose to wash their face at night, the consumer’s top product choice is a basic cleanser (28 percent) closely followed by an oil cleanser (27 percent)
- 17 percent of consumers use just makeup wipes and another 17 percent use micellar water
- The study also revealed that only 31 percent of consumers perform a double cleanse – using two cleansers – for the most effective form of makeup removal.
"We initiated this survey as part of our ongoing commitment to educate consumers on how to improve their skin health, in particular during the festive holiday season," said Julie Campbell, Vice President Marketing. "Holiday makeup looks normally means extra layers of foundation on the face, heavy eye makeup and specialty powders on the cheeks. With these layers of potentially irritating ingredients sitting on the skin, you are running the risk of clogged pores and chronic inflammation. As such, you may wake up to a few unwanted surprises such as breakouts, a dull complexion and possibly even a rash if you don’t take extra care to properly cleanse the skin before bed.”
To keep skin healthy and glowing, even after the makeup comes off, the professionals at COSMEDIX advocate a double cleanse as the single most important step in any skincare routine. To perform a double cleanse, it’s a simple two –step system:
- Step 1: Use a nourishing deep cleansing oil such as COSMEDIX Purity Solution. Since oil binds to oil, a gentle oil cleanser binds to the makeup making it easy for removal. After blending the oil onto the face, simply swipe away the makeup with a cotton pad or wash cloth.
- Step 2: Follow the initial cleanse with a gentle cleanser such as COSMEDIX Benefit Clean. Moisten hands and face, add a small amount of cleanser and work into a lather with warm water. Rinse and follow with favorite toners, serums and moisturizer.
- Pro tip: Make sure you use products that are free of parabens, mineral oil, silicone and harsh ingredients such as sodium lauryl sulfate. Anything else may strip the skin of vital moisture and cause future problems.
COSMEDIX is a professional skincare brand created by aestheticians for aestheticians and skincare professionals, but also available directly to the consumer via http://www.cosmedix.com. The line of products are formulated with the cleanest, most potent plant-based ingredients and gentle actives to deliver safe, effective results.
Join the #CleansetheDayAway conversation on Facebook, http://www.facebook.com/cosmedix and Twitter @cosmedix_. To learn more about double cleansing tips and techniques and COSMEDIX products visit http://www.cosmedix.com