You may think your holiday shopping is over, but if you're among the millions of flexible spending account (FSA) holders with money to spend before the December 31 use-it-or-lose-it deadline, you may have one more shopping push in front of you.
NEW YORK (PRWEB) December 26, 2017
You may think your holiday shopping is over, but if you're among the millions of flexible spending account (FSA) holders with money to spend before the December 31 use-it-or-lose-it deadline, you may have one more shopping push in front of you. Here are 10 quick, easy and unexpected ways to spend down your FSA dollars and start off 2018 on a healthy foot from FSAstore.com, the only online retailer that exclusively sells 100% FSA-eligible products.
Despite deadline extensions like the FSA Grace Period (this gives FSA users an additional 2.5 months to spend remaining funds after the end of their plan year) and the FSA rollover (this allows FSA users to carryover $500 of FSA funds from year to year), a significant portion of account holders still have a December 31 deadline. If FSA funds are not spent by this deadline, they will be forfeited back to their employers. Not sure what your deadline is? Now is the perfect time to ask your employer or FSA plan administrator.
10 Ways to Spend Down Your FSA Before Time Runs Out
1. Get a flu shot. If you don’t have access to free flu shots through your employer, you can pay for this with your FSA. With an especially bad flu season on the horizon, it’s wise to protect yourself and your family.
2. Has your first aid kit seen better days? Use your FSA to replenish your supply of bandages, gauze and other first aid kit staples. Or buy a completely new first aid kit or one designed to handle the rigors of the outdoors like those from Adventure Medical Kits
3. Looking for a one-stop-shop approach to spending FSA dollars? Try FSA Bundles. Explore a wide selection of pre-packaged items for you and your family--including baby care, sun care, travel and more—that can help you spend down your balance while meeting specific family health needs.
4. Feather your nest. Use your FSA to save money on products needed during pregnancy through all stages of childhood, including pregnancy tests, prenatal vitamins, breastfeeding pumps and supplies, and other baby care essentials.
5. Planning a vacation? Don't pay airport prices for necessities like orthopedic neck pillows and other travel essentials or check out FSA-eligible, high-end sun care beauty products like primers, moisturizers and compacts that have broad spectrum protection and an SPF of 15+.
6. Try one of several high-tech health products. Whether you’re managing a short-term illness or injury or a chronic condition, there are many high-tech or connect health products that are FSA eligible, including blood pressure monitors, defibrillators, TENS machines, glucose meters, vibrating arthritis gloves and more.
7. Support your fitness goals. Ward off workout soreness and stick to your fitness plan with braces and elastic supports, hot or cold therapy packs and kinesiology tape.
8. Manage pain without drugs. Drug-free pain relief is one of the fastest-growing FSA product categories. If you're looking for a more natural way to manage pain, try an FSA-eligible acupressure mat, compression hosiery/gloves, hot/cold therapy devices and more.
9. Get an annual eye exam. You can also shop for prescription eyeglasses and sunglasses, contact lenses, and eye care items like contact lens solution and eyeglass repair kits.
10. If you can’t avoid cold-and-flu season, manage it. If missed your window to stop the flu in its tracks, you can use your FSA to treat and manage symptoms with products like a smartphone-compatible thermometer, nasal remedies or the Eustachi Ear Unclogger.
Take a few minutes to explore a comprehensive FSA Eligibility List for shopping ideas, and other surprisingly FSA-eligible products. If you want to learn how to better manage and use your FSA throughout the year, check out the new FSA Learning Center for more tips, frequently asked questions, calculators and planning tools.
FSAstore.com/HSAstore.com was founded to make it simple and convenient to spend, manage, and use an FSA or HSA. FSAstore.com/HSAstore.com is the only e-commerce site stocked exclusively with FSA/HSA eligible products, eliminating any and all guesswork as to what is and is not FSA/HSA eligible. In addition to the 4,000 eligible products available, the site offers educational resources for FSA/HSA holders, including the most comprehensive Eligibility List in the industry and a Learning Center with answers to the most common FSA/HSA questions. FSAstore.com/HSAstore.com accepts all FSA/HSA and major credit cards, offers 24/7 customer service, two-day turnaround for all orders and free shipping on orders $50+ in the continental U.S.