“We are the fastest growing community of manufacturing professionals in the state, and 2017 exceeded our expectations in many areas including increases in memberships, sponsorships, and attendance at our events,” said Jason Moss, CEO of the Georgia Manufacturing Alliance.
ATLANTA (PRWEB) December 27, 2017
The Georgia Manufacturing Alliance (GMA) 4th quarter review reported unprecedented growth in 2017 and, with the new tax reforms in place, is positioned for a strong outlook in 2018. The Manufacturing Industry as a whole showed increased development and the Institute of Supply Management (ISM) reported that factory employment reached its highest level since 2011. According to government data, employment numbers point to overall progress with U.S. manufacturers adding 156,000 workers over the past 12 months.
“We are the fastest growing community of manufacturing professionals in the state, and 2017 exceeded our expectations in many areas including increases in memberships, sponsorships, and attendance at our events,” said Jason Moss, CEO of the Georgia Manufacturing Alliance. “This was by far our best year ever, and we anticipate further growth in 2018.”
Some of the Georgia Manufacturing Alliance’s end-of-year highlights include:
- 17 Annual Sponsors including:
Producer Sponsor - Smith & Howard
Developer Sponsors – Centurion Advisory Group, FastSigns-Snellville, PNC Bank, and Southern Barter Club
Innovator Sponsors – Constangy, Brooks, Smith & Prophete, DIRTT, KaMin, JC Malone, Snellings Walters, Southwire, and TalentStream
Community Sponsors – Delta Metals, Manufactured Assemblies Corp., TD Bank, and TSI Solutions
- Marketing Director and Executive Assistant added to GMA staff and moved into a new office space with room for expanded growth
- 115 Plant tours, Educational Workshops, and Networking Events
- Tours of nationally known brands at Clorox, Daniel Defense, Honda Precision Parts, Husqvarna, KIA, Kings Hawaiian, Savannah Bee, Southwire, and Yamaha
- 3,000 Attendees at GMA hosted events in 2017
- 50% Growth in New Members – including top manufacturers such as Clyde Bergmann, Count on Tools, Hollinsworth & Vose, HON Company, KIA, Kraiburg TPE, Olympic Steel, PowerTech, and Wheelabrator
- 20% Growth in Attendance at the Georgia Manufacturing Summit, Top Keynotes from Chick-fil-A and Coca-Cola, and 30 Industry Experts for the Educational Sessions
- Press Coverage in: Atlanta Business Chronicle, Atlanta Journal & Constitution, Business RadioX, Fabricator Magazine, Georgia Trend, Gwinnett Daily Post, Marietta Daily Journal, and Walton Tribune
- International Manufacturing and Veterans Initiative launched
“As we reflect on the highlights of this year, we are very thankful for everyone who has partnered with us to bring about this success,” stated Mr. Moss. “We want to continue to provide our manufacturers, suppliers, and service industries the resources they need to help make their businesses successful. We are launching new chapters in West Central Georgia and the Middle Georgia area in 2018 and will continue to expand our network across the state.”
About the Georgia Manufacturing Alliance:
The Georgia Manufacturing Alliance (GMA) is a membership-based industry organization founded in 2008 to support Georgia’s manufacturing community. GMA provides monthly plant tours, educational sessions, tradeshows, and unique networking opportunities designed to help make profitable business connections for its members. The Georgia Manufacturing Directory, Georgia Manufacturing Summit, Georgia Manufacturing Calendar, and Georgia Manufacturing Job Board are additional resources produced by GMA. To learn more about the organization, membership, annual sponsorships, and upcoming events, please call 770-338-0051 or visit their website at: http://www.GeorgiaManufacturingAlliance.com.