The expectation for expertise and professionalism in the industry is rising, and the Investments & Wealth Investment Advisor Forum offers an important perspective, said Devin Ekberg, CPWA®, CFA®, managing director of education. Institute conferences include speakers who are selected by advisors.
DENVER (PRWEB) December 26, 2017
Many of the nation’s leading economists, investment strategists, and financial services thought leaders will address investment advisors and consultants at the Investments & Wealth Institute’s 2018 Investment Advisor Forum, Jan. 16-17, Marriot Marquis, New York, NY.
For almost two decades, the Institute’s Investment Advisor Forum has focused on issues and topics central to its Certified Investment Management Analyst® (CIMA®) certification program. The CIMA program is offered in collaboration with the nation’s leading business schools, The Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania, Yale School of Management, and the Booth School of Business, University of Chicago. Attendees hail from all advisor channels: full service wealth management firms, banks, independent firms, and asset management firms.
Speakers and topics will include:
- Stephen Dubner, award-winning co-author of the Freakonomics book series, will focus on using unconventional analysis to bring to life the counterintuitive questions that everyone wants to ask in business, but doesn’t. In doing so, he will share new ways to create behavioral change and help advisors discover incentives that work.
- Stephanie Kelton, professor of economics and public policy, Stony Brook University, will examine the prospects for continued growth as the recovery enters its 103rd month – and whether we should worry about debt, deficits, and the national debt.
- John Diehl, senior vice president, strategic markets, Hartford Funds, will explore the impact of technology on the way we age, from living longer to living better through a new economy of “connections.”
- Paul Sullivan, journalist and author of The Thin Green Line: Money Secrets of the Super Wealthy, will explain how “the meaning of money” impacts the mindset of high-net-worth individuals and the way they perceive saving, spending, and philanthropy.
- Kevin Kajiwara, co-president, Teneo Intelligence, will discuss long-term geopolitical trends and their market implications, including emerging trends investors should watch.
- David Semple, portfolio manager for emerging markets equity strategy, VanEck, will examine what changes in emerging markets means for investors.
- Greg Valliere, chief political strategist at Horizon Investments, offers a wide-ranging review of key policy issues related to President Trump’s agenda.
“The expectation for expertise and professionalism in the industry is rising, and the Investments & Wealth Investment Advisor Forum offers an important perspective,” said Devin Ekberg, CPWA®, CFA®, managing director of education. “Institute conferences include sessions and speakers who are selected by advisors, for advisors. There is no pay to play.”
For detailed information, visit the Institute’s 2018 Investment Advisor Forum web page. Journalists interested in receiving press credentials should contact Greta Gloven at ggloven(at)i-w(dot)org or (303) 850- 3079.
About the Investments & Wealth Institute
Established in 1985, the Investments & Wealth Institute, formerly known as IMCA, is a professional association, advanced education provider, and standards body for financial advisors, investment consultants, and wealth managers who embrace excellence and ethics. Through its publications, events, assessment-based certificate programs, and advanced certifications, the Institute delivers premier-quality, practical education to advanced practitioners in more than 38 countries.
The Certified Investment Management Analyst® (CIMA®) certification is the peak international, technical portfolio construction program for investment consultants, analysts, financial advisors and wealth management professionals. The CIMA program is distinctive as one of only a few global certifications in financial services to meet international accreditation and quality standards (ANSI/ISO 17024) for personnel certification programs. The Certified Private Wealth Advisor® (CPWA®) certification is an advanced professional certification for advisors who serve high-net-worth clients. It’s designed for seasoned professionals who seek the latest, most advanced knowledge and techniques to address the sophisticated needs of clients with a minimum net worth of $5 million. Unlike credentials that focus specifically on investing or financial planning, the CPWA program takes a holistic and multidisciplinary approach.
The Investments & Wealth InstituteTM, IMCA®, Investment Management Consultants Association®, CIMA®, Certified Investment Management Analyst®, CIMC®, Certified Investment Management ConsultantSM, CPWA®, Certified Private Wealth Advisor®, RMASM, and Retirement Management AdvisorSM are trademarks of Investment Management Consultants Association Inc. doing business as the Investments & Wealth Institute. The Investments & Wealth Institute does not discriminate in educational opportunities or any other characteristic protected by law.