Companies who incorporate an scaling Agile framework will see the benefit at the team level in a shorter time, and will scale out of the team level and vertically and horizontally across the company to survive as a company.
Foster City, CA (PRWEB) September 11, 2017
cPrime, the largest Agile, Atlassian and DevOps consulting company in the United States, today released the results of a new survey, titled “Scaling Agile Report 2017.”
The nationwide survey was conducted from January-June 2017 by email using a digital survey platform. The survey was conducted to more than 5,000 individuals with a professed interest in Agile practices with the goal being to get better insight into how companies look at scaling their Agile development methods and practices across the enterprise. Respondents were asked to comment on their Agile framework and tools, the outcomes they seek from Scaling Agile as well as outcomes they have achieved, what they consider to be the obstacles to Scaling Agile at their organization, the pace of their progress, and their intentions about integrating DevOps with their Agile practice. It found:
- On a checklist of steps to making Scaling Agile a success, more than 80% of respondents give top priority to "executive sponsorship" and "willingness by your existing culture," while 66 percent say an "internal Agile support team" is also critically important.
- 60% of respondents say flexibility is crucial in a Scaling Agile framework.
- 82% of respondents began their Scaling Agile journey within the past 3 years, and the top 4 outcomes they report are Enterprise visibility, Enterprise planning, Enterprise alignment, Enterprise agility
- 66% of respondents said that “company culture” was a roadblock impacting their ability to scale Agile
- 68% of respondents answered “important” or “very important” to the question “How important do you rank DevOps for being able to effectively scale your operations?”
Kreisler Ng, Agile Practice Lead at cPrime, says that companies who incorporate an Agile Scaling Framework will see the benefit at the team level in a shorter time, and will scale out of the team level and vertically and horizontally across the company to survive as a company."
Ken France, CEO of Blue Agility says, "People can be successful with different tools, but if they have a poor process or don't evolve their culture, the tool choice won't matter."
“Most companies start doing Agile in a little corner of the business and it slowly spreads out from there. A few years down the road they can find themselves in a fragmented organization with a variety of practices that simply don’t work with each other.” says Brandon Cipes, VP of DevOps.
To download the Scaling Agile Report 2017, visit Scaling Agile Report Results.
cPrime, an ALTEN Group Company, is a full service consultancy that helps companies deliver the extraordinary through consulting, managed services and custom solutions for thousands of software teams, including more than half of the Fortune 100. cPrime is a leader in Agile / Scrum transformation services, one of the largest Agile training companies in the United States, Atlassian Platinum Solution Partner and Verified Vendor, Gold SAFe Partner and a well established DevOps solution provider. For more information, please visit http://www.cprime.com. Follow cPrime on Twitter at @cPrimeInc.