“Collectors and fans can’t resist what it feels like to hold one of these items in their hand or showcase it in their own living room,” explained Desi DosSantos, co-founder of ScreenUsed.
San Jose, Calif. (PRWEB) April 24, 2017
San-Jose-based ScreenUsed, industry leader in the field of original film and television prop and wardrobe sales hosted its second annual auction in partnership with Steve Wozniak’s 2nd annual Silicon Valley Comic Con on Sunday, April 23, the final day of the Con. Many of the 191 auction lots were displayed throughout the weekend and sold in the simultaneous live and online auction which began at 12:00 p.m. Noon, Pacific on Sunday. Total auction sales were more than $707,000, including the buyer’s premium. This year’s top two items were the Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope - Original Stormtrooper (Sandtrooper) Helmet which sold for $228,000 and the Superman III Superman bodysuit worn by Christopher Reeve which sold for $120,000, beating last year’s top bids. Last year's total auction sales were $650,000.
ScreenUsed has been hosting auctions and selling original film and television production memorabilia since 2003 with auctions active on their website year-round plus periodic special auctions at events like SVCC. At last year’s inaugural ScreenUsed auction at SVCC, the two most valuable items sold in the auction were Doc's Mind Reading Helmet used by Christopher Lloyd in Back to the Future which sold for $84,000 and the Surgical Laser Gun from Fantastic Voyage sold for $96,000.
“Collectors and fans can’t resist what it feels like to hold one of these items in their hand or showcase it in their own living room,” explained Desi DosSantos, co-founder of ScreenUsed. “We are thrilled to have been invited to bring back our original movie and TV prop and wardrobe auction to the fans and collectors at the second annual Silicon Valley Comic Con.”
The Top 10 highest auction lots Included:
● Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope - Original Stormtrooper (Sandtrooper) Helmet – sold for $228,000
● Superman III – Superman’s Bodysuit (Christopher Reeve) – sold for $120,000
● The Mask – Loki’s Mask (Jim Carrey) – sold for $45,000
● Back to the Future 2 – Future Hill Valley Welcome sign - sold for $39,000
● Back to the Future 2 – Mr. Fusion that powered the Delorean - sold for $33,000
● Star Wars: Episode VI – Return of the Jedi (Revenge of the Jedi) clapper – sold for $33,000
● Bicentennial Man – Andrew’s expanded head (Robin Williams) - sold for $26,400
● Back to the Future 2 – Hover Board – sold for $22,800
● Back to the Future 2 – Sports Almanac – sold for $12,000
● Scream Stunt Knife – sold for $6,600
● Pee-Wee’s Big Adventure Headlight Glasses (Paul Reubens) – sold for $5,100
● Scream 3 Ghostface’s Voice Modulator (Scott Foley) – sold for $4,500
ScreenUsed hosts auctions daily on weekdays on its website and periodic exclusive sales and live auctions.
ScreenUsed is the industry leader in the field of original movie and TV prop and wardrobe sales. ScreenUsed works closely with many of the major film and television studios to secure original props and wardrobe pieces for auction. ScreenUsed also works closely with collectors to sell valuable memorabilia on consignment in certain cases. For more information on upcoming auctions or to inquire about consignment please visit http://www.ScreenUsed.com.