“Both the Switch 7 Black Edition and the Acer Predator Orion 9000 series showcase Acer’s innovation and capabilities that push the boundaries of computing,” said Chris Chiang, vice president of product management, Acer America.
LAS VEGAS (PRWEB) January 06, 2018
- Switch 7 Black Edition is the world’s first fanless 2-in-1 notebook with discrete graphics; delivers exceptional performance with 8th Generation Intel® Core™ processors, stays cool and reliable with Dual LiquidLoop fanless cooling technology
- Ideal for the modern professional, content creators and serious students, capturing and sharing ideas on the go, Switch 7 Black Edition features AutoStand patented kickstand, under-glass fingerprint sensor, 2256 x 1504 resolution and Wacom Stylus
- The Acer Predator Orion 9000 series can dominate the fiercest gaming battles, power virtual reality apps with ease and support up to an 8K UHD monitor offering up to an Intel® Core™ i9 Extreme Edition processor and up to two NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1080Ti graphics in SLI
- Featuring liquid cooling(1) and Acer’s IceTunnel 2.0, the Predator Orion 9000 series keeps the temperature down while the game heats up; component upgrades are easy on the Predator 9000 series with tool-less side panels and a push open top
LAS VEGAS (Jan. 6, 2018) Acer America announced the U.S. availability of two of its flagship systems – the Acer Switch 7 Black Edition, the world’s first fanless 2-in-1 notebook equipped with discrete graphics; and the Acer Predator Orion 9000 series, its most powerful gaming PCs to date, boasting advanced thermals for optimal performance during the most heated matches.
“Both the Switch 7 Black Edition and the Acer Predator Orion 9000 series showcase Acer’s innovation and capabilities that push the boundaries of computing,” said Chris Chiang, vice president of product management, Acer America. “We’re confident gamers will appreciate the aggressive aesthetics, power and cooling technology of our newest Predator desktops, while artists, creators and professionals will be thrilled with the performance and flexibility of our latest 2-in-1.”
Acer Switch 7 Black Edition: First Fanless 2-in-1 Notebook with Discrete Graphics
The Acer Switch 7 Black Edition is the world’s first fanless(2) 2-in-1 notebook equipped with discrete graphics. It’s the ideal 2-in-1 for anyone that wants the flexibility of a tablet-to-notebook PC design with enhanced performance capabilities. Thanks to the powerful 8th Generation Intel Core processor and NVIDIA® GeForce® MX150 graphics, it has the processing and graphics power to handle intensive tasks, content creation, and video streaming. Acer’s Dual LiquidLoop™ fanless cooling technology keeps the device cool while running quietly and reliably. The device provides up to 8 hours battery life on a single charge.(3)
The design of the Switch 7 Black Edition makes it ideal for modern mobile professionals, content creators, and anyone who designs, captures and shares ideas on the go. This is the first Acer device to feature Acer AutoStand™, a patented kickstand that can be auto-deployed and auto-retracted, providing single-handed operation as simple as opening and adjusting the display on a clamshell notebook. The slender and lightweight design features a sturdy brushed-aluminum body that’s stylish and comfortable to touch. Plus, it’s compact and lightweight. It measures only 0.39 inches (9.99mm) thin and weighs only 1.18 kg (2.6 lbs.) with the keyboard detached. Supporting Windows Hello, the Swift 7 Black Edition features an optical-based under-glass fingerprint sensor design with POA (Power on Authentication) that allows users to power on the device and login instantly with just one touch.
High-End Mobile Tech and Features for On-the-Go Productivity
The large 13.5-inch IPS touchscreen display has a 2256 x 1504 resolution and offers a crisp, vibrant visual experience from wide viewing angles. The stylus is powered by Wacom EMR technology and features 4096 levels of pressure sensitivity and pen tilt support to control the angle, width and shading. This stylus can be embedded in the chassis, is battery-free and provides users with a more authentic writing and sketching experience when using Windows Ink.
The Switch 7 Black Edition provides excellent connectivity to networks and devices. It provides a reliable wireless connection with 802.11ac(4) WiFi featuring 2x2 MIMO technology as well as Bluetooth 4.0. The sleek 2-in-1 has a 720p front-facing HD camera and rear-facing full HD 1080p camera with an 88-degree wide angle lens. Plus, connecting to peripherals is easy with the USB 3.1 Type C Gen 2 port that supports up to 10Gbps, DisplayPort, Thunderbolt 3 and USB charging.
The initial model will be powered by an 8th Generation Intel Core i7-8550U processor 1.8GHz with Turbo Boost technology up to 4.0GHz, has 16GB of LPDDR3 memory and a 512GB SSD.
Acer Predator Orion 9000: Powerful Tech with Advanced Cooling
Acer's newest gaming desktops are cool inside and out, designed with commanding aesthetics and advanced thermals. Featuring a black-and-silver spacecraft-like exterior with customizable RGB lighting along the front bezel, the Acer Predator Orion 9000 series intimidates enemies and inspires game play. A massive side window panel showcases the powerful interior with a design that keeps electromagnetic interference (EMI) levels in check. Sporting two handles and wheels, the new rigs can be easily moved from one location to another. Tool-less side panels make component upgrades easy and the push-open top offers a quick way to switch fans.
The Predator Orion 9000 series features liquid cooling and Acer’s IceTunnel 2.0 to keep the temperature down as the game heats up. IceTunnel 2.0 is an advanced airflow management solution partitioning the system into several thermal zones of individual airflow tunnels to expel heat. Large metal mesh panels on the front and top let more cold air in and the rising hot air of the liquid-cooled CPU out and up to five fans cool air throughout the chassis. Some airflow is redirected toward the back of the motherboard tray to cool the storage devices, while the graphic cards feature blower-style fans to drive heat out the back.
To power the latest games and virtual reality apps with ease, and allowing the ability to support up to an 8K UHD monitor, the Acer Predator Orion 9000 series can be configured with up to a cutting-edge Intel® Core™ i9 Extreme Edition 18-core processor with 18 cores and 36 threads, up to 128 GB quad-channel DDR4 memory and dual NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1080Ti cards in SLI. In addition, one-punch overclocking enables gamers to select turbo performance with a press of a button.
An array of powerful connectivity options include two USB 3.1 Gen 2 ports (one Type-C and one Type-A), 8 USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports (one Type-C and seven Type-A) and two USB 2.0 ports (Type-A). Two M.2 slots extend the ability to increase the system’s storage, while one M.2 slot enables an additional wireless option. In addition, up to four PCIe x16 slots offer ample room for adding video cards.(5)
Pricing and Availability
The Acer Switch 7 Black Edition will be available in January with a one-year limited parts and labor warranty and prices starting at US$1,699 (MSRP). The Acer Predator Orion 9000 series will be available in February with a two-year limited parts and labor warranty and prices starting at US$1,999 (MSRP).(6)
Founded in 1976, Acer is now one of the world’s top ICT companies and has a presence in over 160 countries. As Acer looks into the future, it is focused on enabling a world where hardware, software and services will fuse with one another to open up new possibilities for consumers and businesses alike. From service-oriented technologies to the Internet of Things to gaming and virtual reality, Acer’s 7,000+ employees are dedicated to the research, design, marketing, sale, and support of products and solutions that break barriers between people and technology. Please http://www.acer.com visit for more information.
Erin Davern Tel: +949-471-7785 Email: erin.davern(at)acer.com
© 2018 Acer America Corp. All rights reserved. Acer and the Acer logo are registered trademarks of Acer Inc. Other trademarks, registered trademarks, and/or service marks, indicated or otherwise, are the property of their respective owners. All offers subject to change without notice or obligation and may not be available through all sales channels. Prices listed are manufacturer suggested retail prices and may vary by location. Applicable sales tax extra.
(1) Specifications may vary depending on model.
(2) Based on Acer’s internal survey as of November 9, 2017 of competitors shipping > 1 million units worldwide annually with 2-in-1 convertible notebooks.
(3) Battery life may vary depending on usage. Actual battery life varies depending on product specifications, settings and applications or features launched. All batteries’ maximum capacity diminishes with time and use.
(4) Based on IEEE 802.11ac draft specifications. Actual speed will vary depending on network conditions and environmental factors, including volume of network traffic and density of surrounding structures like walls. An 802.11ac wireless equipped PC requires an 802.11ac router to work properly.
(5) Number of open slots will vary depending on configuration.
(6) Limited warranty agreement applies. For a copy, write to Acer Customer Service, P.O. Box 6137, Temple, TX 76503.