Homeowners need to realize that taking simple steps can both reduce the amount of energy used, as well as lower monthly utility bills,
KANSAS CITY, Kan. (PRWEB) January 10, 2018
4 Eco Services is a leading provider of green and eco-friendly plumbing, heating, and air conditioning services proudly serving the Kansas City region. As cold winter weather sets in, the environmentally responsible organization shares new tips on how homeowners can save energy during the winter months.
“Homeowners need to realize that taking simple steps can both reduce the amount of energy used, as well as lower monthly utility bills,” notes Jeremy Prevost, 4 Eco Services CEO.
Prevost continues, “We work hard to educate our clients on the importance of “winterizing” their homes at the start of the winter season.”
Tips to Save Energy During the Winter Months from 4 Eco Services:
- Check the water heater: water heating costs can drive up monthly energy bills. Be sure to set the water heater to a “normal” setting- around 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lower the thermostat: lowering the heat can really save on energy costs. Stay cozy at home by putting on a sweater and warm socks instead of raising the temperature over 68 degrees Fahrenheit. If possible, install a programmable thermostat that can automatically lower the temperature at night or during the day if the home is empty.
- Replace furnace filters: 4 Eco Services recommends changing the filter every six months. A dirty filter can constrain heat flow and increase energy use.
- Schedule a tune-up: ensure the furnace unit is operating at full capacity with a tune-up at the start of the cold season. Annual tune-ups will prolong the lifetime of the machine, and clean HVAC units use less energy.
- Caulk leaks: seal up small gaps around windows and doors with caulk. Sealing places where pipes or vents go through the wall, ceiling or floor can help save energy.
- Update appliances: if possible, consider replacing old gas appliances with an updated, energy efficient unit.
“We always recommend annual tune ups on water heaters and furnaces,” shares Ian Williams, 4 Eco Services General Manager. “System checkups can help keep warranties intact, and importantly, improve efficacy and reliability.”
To learn more on 4 Eco Services Heating Services, visit http://www.4EcoServices.com.
Visit 4 Eco Services on Facebook!
About 4 Eco Services:
4 Eco Services provides environmentally conscious residential plumbing and HVAC service, repair, and installation, as well as whole home central water filtration within the Kansas City area markets. Our licensed technicians are available all hours of the day, seven days a week. With an expansive knowledge of home maintenance, we provide the highest level of service for the best value.