SINGAPORE (PRWEB UK) 19 January 2018
ICO (Initial Coin Offerings) is becoming a popular form of "fundraising" in the sector of digital currency business models. An ICO is an event in which a project of digital currency or blockchain sells part of the project's token issued to investors or whoever interested in the technology/idea of the project at the early stage. ICOs are revolutionizing the way tech companies raise funds, bypassing the traditional venture capital model and enabling multimillion fundraisings in a matter of hours.
On the other side, venture capital funds provide a structured deal flow analysis to their limited partners/investors, as well as domain expertise needed to increase the likelihood of success when investing in early stage companies. JWC Blockchain Ventures is aiming to bridge the professionalism of venture capital investing with the return opportunities brought to the market by the ICOs.
JWC Blockchain Ventures’ Investment strategy
JWC Blockchain Ventures’s major investment thesis is to focus on investing and help developing startups applying blockchain technology to e-commerce. The company is working to raise a $30 million investment fund to be deployed for this purpose. The fundraising is done by mean of an ICO which will enable investors to invest into a liquid asset, in contrast with the traditional VC model.
JWC aims to be one of the most active pre-round-A/ICO e-commerce VC in APAC and spot interesting opportunities in EU, looking for early-stage ventures in this focused vertical, providing capital, guidance and tools to make the biggest jump in value possible.
- Two General Partners (one in EU, one in APAC) and a team of domain experts as advisors activated for each specific deal.
- Blockchain-based startups/solutions for decentralized eCommerce ecosystem
- Targeted number of investments: 25.
- The fund is designed as a 6-year fund: 3 years of new investments, and 3 years of follow up investments and portfolio management.
- Typical investment: $250,000-$5,0000,000, typical equity stake: 20-25%.
- We are open to investing in both types of startups, those opting for VC rounds (equity fundraising) and those opting for an ICO (token sales) – whichever suits the specific company and market conditions best.