SALT LAKE CITY (PRWEB) January 23, 2018
The BMT Tandem Meetings of the Center for International Blood & Marrow Transplant Research (CIBMTR) and the American Society for Blood and Marrow Transplantation (ASBMT) will take place Feb. 21-25, 2018 at the Salt Palace Convention Center in Salt Lake City, Utah.
The combined scientific sessions offer investigators, clinicians, laboratory technicians, clinical research professionals, nurses, pharmacists, administrators, and allied health professionals the latest medical instruction in hematopoietic cell transplantation and cellular therapy. Alongside the scientific education being offered, a total of 704 abstracts will be available in the form of oral abstract sessions, peripheral conferences, and poster sessions highlighting the best new research in the field.
The ASBMT will induct John F. DiPersio, MD, PhD, Chief of the Division of Oncology at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis, as its new president. The ASBMT and CIBMTR will also honor a few of its members with awards and named lectures:
- The 2018 ASBMT Lifetime Achievement Award will be presented to A. John Barrett, MD, Chief of the Bone Marrow Stem Cell Allotransplantation Section of the Hematology Branch, National Heart Lung Blood Institute (NHLBI).
- Robert S. Negrin, MD, Professor of Medicine and Chief of the Division of Blood and Marrow Transplantation at Stanford Medicine was selected for the 2018 ASBMT E. Donnall Thomas Lecture.
- The 2018 ASBMT Public Service Awards will be presented to leaders of the National Marrow Donor Program/Be The Match (NMDP), Jeffrey W. Chell, MD, & Michael Boo, JD.
- CIBMTR Distinguished Service Award will be presented to Mahmoud D. Aljurf, MD, MPH, Director of Adult Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant Program and Deputy Director of the Oncology Centre at King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Centre in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
- Other research awards will be given at the meetings including the Biology of Blood and Marrow Transplantation Editorial Awards and the ASBMT New Investigator Awards.
For complete details about the meeting, please visit http://bit.ly/2018BMTTandemMeetings or follow hashtag #bmttandem18 on Twitter. To see a list of the best abstracts that will be presented at the meetings, visit http://bit.ly/Tandem18BestAbs.
The American Society for Blood and Marrow Transplantation (ASBMT) is a professional society of more than 2,200 individuals from over 45 countries. The Society is dedicated to advancing the science and clinical care for patients who require blood and marrow transplants for blood cancers and other deadly diseases.
The CIBMTR® (Center for International Blood and Marrow Transplant Research®) is a research collaboration between the National Marrow Donor Program® (NMDP)/Be The Match® and the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW). The CIBMTR collaborates with the global scientific community to advance hematopoietic cell transplantation (HCT) and cellular therapy worldwide to increase survival and enrich quality of life for patients.