Using proper anchoring is one way to make sure (Indiana limestone) fulfills its true capabilities through many, many years of service.
Bloomington, Ind. (PRWEB) January 25, 2018
Newly announced information from the Indiana Limestone Company contributes to good construction practices with the company’s prized natural stone. Rules of thumb for proper anchoring support safe, correct and permanent application of the stone in architectural uses.
According to Stephen DiRaffaele, Indiana Limestone Company’s architectural sales representative for the New York City metro area, proper anchoring is highlighted by a simple set of rules:
- Make connections simple, using the fewest possible components.
- Limit the different types of connections.
- Design connections to be adjustable in order to best accommodate construction tolerances.
- Distribute the weight of each stone panel over no more than two supports in order to simplify design calculations.
- Ensure connection locations are easily accessible for installation. Avoid wherever possible the need for “blind” anchors.
- Design and arrange components in such a manner as to avoid trapping moisture.
“In and of itself, Indiana limestone is among the most lasting natural building components available,” DiRaffaele said. “Using proper anchoring is one way to make sure that it fulfills its true capabilities through many, many years of service.”
For more about anchors and support, visit Indiana Limestone’s architectural resource pages: https://www.indianalimestonecompany.com/technical-data/ili-handbook-and-technical-notes/ Find more on the company and its products at http://www.indianalimestonecompany.com.
About Indiana Limestone Company
Indiana Limestone Company is unmatched as the premier supplier of Indiana limestone in a range of beautiful and lasting building products. Founded in 1926 (with predecessor firms that had been quarrying limestone since the mid-1800s), Indiana Limestone Company today remains the provider of choice for this internationally renowned natural stone. Throughout an illustrious history in which its stone has made such iconic structures as the Empire State Building, National Cathedral, and the Pentagon, Indiana Limestone Company has reliably provided the highest quality products and services carefully tailored to the needs of the market with an environmental, natural focus.