Vancouver, BC (PRWEB) January 25, 2018
Roofing Vancouver, a roofing company servicing the Greater Vancouver area, is advising homeowners who experience storm and hail damage to check credentials before they hire a roofing contractor. Storm chasers who work door-to-door can pressure homeowners into a ‘quick fix’ or a ‘cheap deal’ that can cause long term impact.
These contractors are likely to cause more harm to your roof than good with substandard work and materials, they are also usually uninsured, leaving homeowners with a hefty bill in roof repairs if something goes wrong.
It pays to be wary of door knockers, says Roofing Vancouver, with something as important as your home’s roof it’s always best to use a reputable company.
10 Homeowner Tips for Avoiding Fly-By-Night Roofers:
1. Never let an unknown roofer inspect your roof, they may cause damage to get work
2. Shop around and get 3 to 4 quotes for the same specs and materials
3. Check references are at least one year old
4. Ask if they’re a member of the Better Business Bureau
5. Get an accurate estimate and breakdown of the work scope
6. Get a written contract agreement with anyone you hire
7. Make sure name, address, license number and phone number are included
8. Always read the fine print
9. Never sign a blank agreement
10. Save all receipts for insurance purposes.
Most importantly, says Roofing Vancouver, beware if an estimate seems too good to be true, it probably is!
About Roofing Vancouver
Roofing Vancouver provides a full range of roofing services for residential and commercial properties in the Greater Vancouver area. Services include: preventative maintenance, leak repair, full roof replacement and new roof construction. Vancouver Roofing is a member of the Better Business Bureau with an A+ rating. Visit the website to learn more about Roofing Vancouver’s roofing solutions: http://roofingvancouverbc.com/
For more information contact:
4501 Kingsway #201
Burnaby V5H 0E5
+1 (778) 200-3114