The Largest Polymer Conference in the World Dedicated to Polyolefins
Houston, Texas (PRWEB) January 29, 2018
Keynote speakers for the 2018 SPE International Conference (Feb 25-28) in Houston, TX will be:
- Hans Van der Wiel, LyondellBasell Industries, "Leveraging Technology to Consistently Deliver Industry Leading Performance"
- Dave Andrew, ExxonMobil Chemical, "Accelerating Sustainability in Petrochemicals"
- Richard Sleep, Nexant, “Demand Drivers, Global Perspective”
- Bob Bauman, Polymer Consulting International, "Outlook for Polyolefins in the Shale Gas Era"
- Dominique DeBecker, Solvay, "Mainstreaming Sustainable Chemistry"
The SPE International Polyolefins Conference is the largest Polymer Conference in the world dedicated to Polyolefins (Polyethylene, Polypropylene, and copolymers). It is the place to meet customers, suppliers, and colleagues as well as hearing about the latest Developments and Technology. There will be over 700 people attending the conference which will have 67 technical papers, 5 Keynote Plenary talks, a Sunday afternoon Polyolefins Tutorial, 64 exhibitor booths, two evening networking socials, and a student poster competition. Technical sessions featured at the conference will be:
- Current Trends in Markets, Technology, and Investments
- Recent Advances in Catalysis
- Advances in Polyolefin Stabilization
- Advances in Compounding and Extrusion
- Recent Developments in Flexible Packaging
- Polymer Testing and Characterization
- Sustainability in Packaging
- Foams and Post-Reactor Technologies
- Sustainability Metrics and Characterization
There will also be a very informative Sunday afternoon Tutorial
- Seema Karande, DOW, "Properties and Applications of Polyolefin Elastomers"
- Craig Smith, ExxonMobil Chemical, "Properties and Applications of Polyolefin Elastomers"
- Ben Poon, Baxter, "Medical Application of Polyolefins"
- Fabian Galindo, FHR, "PP Resin for Healthcare Applications"
- Rick King, BASF, "Overview of Stabilization Systems for Gamma Irradiated Polyolefins"
- Joseph Fay, BASF, "Polyolefins in Building and Construction Applications"
See http://www.4spe.org/polyolefins2018 and https://spe-stx.org/international-polyolefins-conference/ for more information.
The SPE International Polyolefins Conference has been in existence for 40 years and has been organized by the South Texas SPE Section in Houston, Texas. Over 80% of the South Texas Section profits from the Conference go to support students and polymer programs at 8 selected Universities that have polymer programs and SPE student chapters. The South Texas Section (http://www.spe-stx.org/) is part of the International Society of Plastics Engineers (http://www.4spe.org) whose charter it to promote knowledge, technology, and the use of plastics. The Society of Plastics Engineers is home to nearly 20,000 plastics professionals in more than 70 countries around the world. SPE is the “go to” resource for plastics technical information.