Boston, MA (PRWEB) January 29, 2018
Health care policy will remain a hot topic in 2018. At the same time, leaders across hospitals, health systems, office practices, and communities are pressing forward with improvement efforts, designing and testing new ways to address the needs of patients and communities consistent with the goals of health equity and IHI’s Triple Aim.
To help make sense of the landscape and shine a light on exemplary efforts underway in the US and abroad, experts from the Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI), and its network of clinical improvers and thought leaders, are available for comment on a range of issues, including:
- Bold new initiatives to expand the ways in which health systems can impact equity and reduce racial and ethnic disparities in health care treatment and outcomes
- New partnership models to address community-level challenges like the opioid crisis and access to behavioral health
- New, more transparent, more reliable approaches to reduce medical error and improve patient care across the continuum of care
- Fresh new approaches to address issues impacting the health care workforce
- New industry efforts to improve health and health care globally
Following the merger of IHI and the National Patient Safety Foundation (NPSF) last spring, the combined organization has an expanded roster of experts who can comment on a range of patient safety topics, including:
- Tejal Gandhi, MD, MPH, CPPS, Chief Clinical and Safety Officer, IHI, on building safety culture and systems of safety across the continuum, and reducing medical error using information systems and other system-based approaches.
- Patricia McGaffigan, RN, MS, CPPS, Vice President, IHI, on workforce safety, joy and meaning in work, technology safety, and nursing.
- Frank Federico, RPh, Vice President, IHI, on medication safety, reliable process design, failure modes and effects analysis, and human factors.
Additional spokespeople and their areas of expertise are outlined in IHI’s Expert List for the Media..
SAVE THE DATE!
Join IHI and other health care leaders, May 23-25 in Boston, MA, for the IHI/NPSF Patient Safety Congress. The three-day event attracts health practitioners and professionals from all health settings and disciplines, as well as researchers, patients and advocates, and policymakers who want to shape smarter, safer care for patients. For more information on the event, click here.
To request an interview or press passes for the Patient Safety Congress, please contact Joanna Clark (email@example.com) or Sandy George (firstname.lastname@example.org).
About the Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI)
IHI is a leader in health and health care improvement worldwide. For more than 25 years, IHI has partnered with visionaries, leaders, and frontline practitioners around the globe to spark bold, inventive ways to improve the health of individuals and populations. Recognized as an innovator, convener, trustworthy partner, and driver of results, IHI is the first place to turn for expertise, help, and encouragement for anyone, anywhere who wants to change health and health care profoundly for the better. Learn more at ihi.org