Rockville, MD (PRWEB) February 01, 2018
The Carbon Capture, Utilization & Storage Conference is pleased to announce Steven Winberg, Assistant Secretary for Fossil Energy, U.S. Department of Energy, has been confirmed as a keynote speaker for the 2018 CCUS Conference, which will be held from March 19 to 22, 2018 in Nashville, TN. This Conference brings together carbon capture and GHG reduction technology decision-makers, scientists, and government officials to network, get high-level strategic updates, hear case studies on emerging technologies and connect on research in the industry to advance this important technology.
Steven Winberg is responsible for the management and oversight of Fossil Energy’s research and development program. This encompasses coal, oil, and natural gas, in addition to the Office of Petroleum Reserves. In the course of his 39 years in the energy industry, Winberg has gained extensive experience in technologies such as advanced fossil energy combustion, coal-to-liquids, fluidized bed combustion, emulsified fuels, fuel cells, alternative fuel vehicles and carbon utilization. Prior to coming to the DOE, Winberg was a Senior Program Manager at Battelle Memorial Institute.
The following speakers have also been confirmed for the 2018 CCUS Conference:
- Fatima Ahmad, Solutions Fellow, C2ES
- Shannon Angielski, Executive Director, Carbon Utilization Research Council
- Jason Begger, Executive Director, Wyoming Infrastructure Authority
- John Carroll, Project Coordinator, National Carbon Capture Center, Southern Company
- Lydia Cumming, Project Manager, Battelle
- Andrew Duguid, Director, Battelle
- Neeraj Gupta, Battelle Fellow/Senior Research Leader, Battelle
- Landon Lunsford, Engineering and Project Execution Manager, Southern Company Services
- Tom Moore, Research Scientist, Carbon Management Institute
- Erik Nickel, Senior Project Manager, Petroleum Technology Research Centre
- Wesley Park, Principal Geologist, Energy & Environmental Research Center
- Tim Thomas, Vice President, Environmental and Chemical Plant Division, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries America
- Barry Worthington, Executive Director, United States Energy Association
The CCUS Conference gives attendees access to hundreds of CCS/CCUS and ghg reduction technologies decision makers from more than 18 countries. Though more than 100 technical session presentations and posters, attendees receive in-depth updates on existing projects, efforts, experiments and case studies both in the U.S. and abroad.
For the second year, CCUS Conference will be co-locating with the ELECTRIC POWER Conference + Exhibition. This partnership allows for added networking opportunities with more than 3,500 Electric Power attendees through shared lunches, receptions and a new CCUS pavilion that will be located on the Electric Power Expo exhibitor floor. The Electric Power Conference + Exhibition provides a platform for power generation professionals to meet, network, and address the critical issues facing the power industry. This event brings together more power generators in one place than any other conference.
Register today to secure the early bird rate and save up to $300! To learn more and to register, visit http://www.ccusconference.com.
About Access Intelligence, LLC
Access Intelligence delivers trusted, timely and deep information that empowers our customers and advances their business. Access Intelligence is a leading worldwide information and marketing company that provides unparalleled business intelligence and integrated marketing solutions in nearly a dozen global market sectors. With a customer-centric culture dedicated to editorial excellence and marketing integrity, Access Intelligence serves business professionals worldwide with a portfolio of products, including events, e-letters, data and digital products, e-learning, magazines, and e-media solutions. We deliver insight and intelligence when, how and where our customers want it in major market areas.