LOS ANGELES (PRWEB) February 02, 2018
Who should plan the date? How much money to spend? What’s the perfect gift? How important is romance? The questions are endless when celebrating the “season of love.” As we enter February, the second most popular month to propose marriage (after December) and celebrate your relationship for Valentine’s Day, Robbins Brothers, The Engagement Ring Store, recently conducted an online survey that could help answer the former questions.
Here are some interesting facts to consider this Valentine’s season:
- We all know we can’t count on Cupid to plan Valentine’s Day, which leads us to the question of who is responsible for planning the love-filled holiday? 67 percent of participants think couples should plan the most romantic day of the year together.
- From a romantic dinner at home or a night out on the town with your sweetheart, your options are endless when it comes to deciding how to spend Valentine’s Day. 47 percent of both men and women said they prefer a fun night out with their partner, while 44 percent said they want to spend it at home with their sweetheart.
- When we think of gift-giving on Valentine’s Day, we tend to think of chocolate, flowers, jewelry, etc. However, 40 percent of participants said the greatest gift is presence over presents, followed closely by a mini getaway which can be accompanied by commemorative jewelry.
- Whether you’re planning an extravagant evening or a quiet night home for Valentine’s Day, it’s important to keep your budget in mind. Nearly half of respondents prefer to spend $50-$100, followed closely by a $100-$300 budget.
- Valentine’s Day marks the second most popular day to propose after Christmas according to a recent WeddingWire survey. Though 40 percent of respondents feel V-Day proposals are overrated and cliché, 35 percent think they are super sweet and the perfect day to get engaged!
- Valentine’s Day is often thought of as the most intimate and sexiest date of the year, but surprisingly when asked, “how ‘hot’ do you plan to get on V-Day?” the average score from respondents was 70/100. Looks like the heat isn’t always turned up on this amorous holiday!
- They don’t call it puppy love for nothing! 55 percent of participants said they had their first love in middle school or high school, while 30 percent said they fell in love in college.
- There are so many factors that go into a loving and everlasting relationship, along with many qualities you look for when searching for that special someone. 40 percent of respondents said friendship was the most important quality they look for in a partner, while 18 percent said a shared interest and 14 percent said intelligence.
The Valentine’s planning survey was taken by Robbins Brothers’ email subscribers. There were a total of 900 participants, including 520 women and 380 men. The majority of participants ranged from 25-39 years old and are currently married, engaged or seriously dating. Respondents were surveyed between January 24 and January 28, 2018.
About Robbins Brothers, The Engagement Ring Store
Robbins Brothers, The Engagement Ring Store specializes in proprietary and designer engagement ring settings and loose diamonds. The company also carries an extensive selection of wedding bands, promise rings, anniversary bands, three-stone and stackable rings, earrings, necklaces and bracelets. To learn more about Robbins Brothers, please visit https://www.robbinsbrothers.com/.