Funds Raised for Rapid Advancement of the Highest-Grade Ilmenite Asset in the World, Ilmenite Is Used for Titanium Production

Share Article

Bluejay Mining in Greenland raises GBP 17 million (US$24million). The funds raised will primarily support Bluejay in its rapid advancement of the Dundas Ilmenite Project in Greenland (“Dundas”), as it continues to fast track the project into titanium production.

Bluejay UNLOCKS opportunities within our wider development portfolio; especially the sizeable Disko Cobalt, Nickel, Copper project also in Greenland, and strategic portfolio of high grade copper, zinc, nickel cobalt and gold assets in Finland.

BLUEJAY INCLUSION IN THE MSCI WORLD MICRO CAP INDEX - Funds raised for timely build-up of highest grade ilmenite in the world.

Raising these funds is a significant achievement we now have a clear path to advance towards titanium production. As the highest-grade ilmenite asset in the world, with a simple processing route, highly strategic location, lowest quartile production costs, the commercial potential demands attention.

Bluejay Mining plc (AIM:JAY), the AIM and FSE listed exploration company with projects in Greenland and Finland, wants you to know it has raised £17 million (US$24million). The funds raised will primarily support Bluejay in its rapid advancement of the Dundas Ilmenite Project in Greenland and further progress the Nickel, Copper, Cobalt & Platinum Project in West Greenland ("Disko").

Uses for Titanium and ilmenite include 95% for white pigment for paint. Consider all the construction needs for white primer, or wall paint in India and China. The other growing 5% for manufacturers, engineers and designers that use titanium metal in a wide variety of products and projects. Titanium is extremely strong and lightweight, it has the highest strength to weight ratio of any structural metal.

Bluejay CEO Roderick McIllree said,
“Bluejay is a strong value proposition, offering significant uplift as production at Dundas Titanium nears. We are also excited about the opportunities within our wider development portfolio of mining projects; especially the sizeable Disko Cobalt, Nickel, Copper project also in Greenland, and strategic portfolio of cobalt, high grade copper, zinc, nickel and gold assets in Finland.

“We are delighted and would like to thank our existing shareholders for their continued strong support in this oversubscribed placing, giving a clear indication of the confidence in our mining assets and our ability to deliver.

“Raising these funds is a significant achievement as we now have a clear path to advance Dundas towards production. As the project has already been proven to be the highest-grade ilmenite mineral asset in the world, with a simple processing route and highly strategic location that could see the project be in the lowest quartile production costs, we have great confidence in its commercial potential. These funds will support us in our objectives of commencing production, resource expansion, feasibility studies, licencing applications and mine construction, many of which are due for completion in the coming months. Alongside this, whilst Dundas remains our primary focus, further upside is available via our wider portfolio.

Disko has shown its potential to host large scale Ni-Cu-Co-PGE MMS accumulation and accordingly we are keen to further our understanding of this through targeted exploration work. With significant news flow and multiple value milestones due in the coming months, I have no doubt that 2018 will be a pivotal year for our Company.”

The Company will use the net proceeds of the equity fund raising £17 million (US$24million) to:

Continue development of Dundas towards commercialisation. This will include:

  • Commencing procurement of long lead items to support mine plant construction and supporting infrastructure
  • Completing EIA (Environmental Impact Assessment) and SIA (Social Impact - Assessment) targeted for spring 2018
  • A priority mining area resource statement due in coming weeks, feeding into the mining study. Complete mineral resources estimate expected Q2 2018
  • Finalising the pre-feasibility study, targeted for Q2 2018
  • Completing the exploitation application and lodgement Q2 2018, approval anticipated Q4 2018
  • Facilitating offtake and marketing as well as other general activities.

Undertake 2018 work programme at Disko to further progress the Nickel, Copper, Cobalt & Platinum Project in West Greenland (“Disko”), following maiden 2017 field work.

Fund general working capital and maintain interests in wider project portfolio, including nickel, copper, cobalt, and gold polymetallic assets in Finland.

SIGN UP FOR TITANIUM NEWS NEWSROOM ALERTS & UPDATES

Share article on social media or email:

View article via:

Pdf Print

Contact Author

Roderick McIllree
Bluejay Mining plc
+44 +44 (0) 20 7907 9326
Email >

Charlotte Page
Visit website