NEW YORK (PRWEB) February 09, 2018
Jamali will read selections from his forthcoming autobiography, Jamali: A Mystical Journey of Hope, True Story of an American Artist, at the Jamali Gallery in SoHo on February 24th from 3 to 5 pm. This special event will include a question-and-answer session with the artist, refreshments, and a preview of Jamali’s upcoming spring exhibition.
Four years in the making, totaling 90 chapters and over 500 pages, the memoir tells the unique and captivating story of Jamali, the Pakistani-born avant-garde painter renowned as the founder of Mystical Expressionism. His life’s story is filled with gripping and inspirational tales from his homeland in northern Pakistan, and the United States, where he overcame numerous obstacles to achieve personal enlightenment and unparalleled achievement. Highlights include:
- The Pakistani wise man’s prophesy that bestowed to him the name, Jamali, and foretold his destiny.
- The story of Jamali’s five-year adventure in the Thar Desert, where he established a village community, only to eventually face an extrajudicial firing squad from which he narrowly escaped.
- His journey from Pakistan through Europe to New York, in search of his mystical self.
- Jamali’s dreams following the death of his father, and how they inspired him to dedicate his life to a new philosophical paradigm called Art and Peace.
- How his avant-garde style was inspired by the mystical dance rituals of the Sufi.
- The artist’s struggles against institutional prejudice in America at the hands of police and members of the fine art establishment.
- How his unique style, Mystical Expressionism, was discovered and embraced by scholars and the major publisher, Rizzoli International Publications, Inc., securing his place in art history.
- The universal appeal and far-reaching embrace of Mystical Expressionism in the marketplace that made Jamali one of the most collected artists in history.
Reservations are required, as seating is limited. To reserve seats, please click here, call the Jamali Gallery at 212-966-3335, or email the gallery at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Jamali and Jamali NYC Gallery, LLC
Heralded as the founder of Mystical Expressionism by the eminent scholar Donald Kuspit, Jamali’s unique style, mediums, and place in art history are the subjects of two monographs published by Rizzoli: Jamali Mystical Expressionism / Paintings, and Jamali Mystical Expressionism / Dreams and Works. In a career spanning four decades, Jamali has become the most collected American artist for original paintings. His patrons include heads of state, captains of industry, and world-renowned figures in the media and performing arts. The Jamali Gallery exhibits the artist’s newest works of art and selected artworks spanning his career. The gallery is located in the heart of SoHo at 413 West Broadway, between Spring and Prince streets, and is open every day from 10 AM to 7 PM. To learn more we invite you to visit JamaliNYCGallery.com.