We completed our fundraise at 60% over our target amount, invested in four new portfolio companies, made nine follow-on investments and brought on a new VP of Business Development
ATLANTA (PRWEB) February 13, 2018
2017 marked a record year for Fulcrum Equity Partners, a growth equity firm investing in top performing healthcare, software, and technology-enabled service companies. The team has built one of the largest growth equity funds in the Southeast, closing its $204 million Fund III in July 2017, bringing total assets under management to $350 million.
"Fulcrum achieved a number of new milestones in 2017. We completed our fundraise at 60% over our target amount, invested in four new portfolio companies, made nine follow-on investments and brought on a new VP of Business Development," said Jeff Muir, partner with Fulcrum Equity Partners. "Additionally, we were able to leverage our operating backgrounds as well as our strong, entrepreneurial investor base to help our active portfolio companies grow revenue by approximately 30 percent year-over-year."
With a focus on investing in fast-growing companies, Fulcrum added four new portfolio companies in 2017. The new portfolio companies include:
- Synthio (Atlanta, GA) - B2B contact data as a service platform
- Dropoff (Austin, TX) - Technology-enabled provider of last mile delivery services
- Liberation Way (Yardley, PA) - Outpatient addiction treatment
- Fattmerchant (Orlando, FL) - Omni-channel integrated payment technology provider
In addition to the new investments, Fulcrum's existing portfolio companies undertook a number of strategic growth initiatives and saw momentum in 2017, including:
- QASymphony raised $40 million from Insight Venture Partners, amidst more than 100 percent year-over-year growth
- EnduraCare acquired Medicomp, which offers physical, occupational and speech care with clinic locations across the southeast
- Five Points Healthcare merged with Millenium Home Health Care, expanding reach into the Mid-Atlantic region
- RivalHealth merged with behavioral incentive leader GBehavior
- Surefire Local acquired Sequoia IMS to expand into home improvement vertical
- Addiction Campuses increased its capacity to 500 beds by adding two new campuses in Ohio and Massachusetts
"Looking to 2018, we're excited to partner with new entrepreneurs and fast-growing companies as we are actively seeking new investments. We continued our history of recruiting seasoned entrepreneurs and executives to invest in Fund III, which gives us more operating experience, industry knowledge, and connections to leverage on behalf of our portfolio companies. As a result, we foresee a promising year ahead," said Jim Douglas, a partner at the firm.
About Fulcrum Equity Partners
Fulcrum Equity Partners is an Atlanta-based growth equity firm focused on providing expansion capital to rapidly growing companies. Fulcrum targets companies that are initially looking to raise $5 million - $20 million and will consider $3 million - $4 million initial investments in companies that expect to raise additional capital over time. Fulcrum provides financing to meet a wide range of needs including internal growth initiatives, acquisitions, divestures, shareholder liquidity and recapitalizations. The partners have over 130 years of relevant experience, including operations, venture capital, mezzanine financing, accounting, law, investment banking and strategy consulting. To learn more, please visit http://www.fulcrumep.com and follow @FulcrumEquity on Twitter.