ACE attendees will have access to more than 50 sessions and workshops to learn from the nation’s foremost thought leaders through tracks that align with their interests.
DENVER (PRWEB) March 01, 2018
The Investments & Wealth Institute® (formerly IMCA) is offering financial service professionals six focused professional development tracks at its 2018 Annual Conference Experience (ACE), May 6–9, at Music City Center in Nashville, Tennessee.
ACE attendees will have access to more than 50 sessions and workshops to learn from the nation’s foremost thought leaders through tracks that align with their interests, including: investment management, wealth management, advanced business strategies, retirement management, institutional consulting and the art & science of wholesaling.
ACE general session speakers will feature leading behavioral economist Dan Ariely on the psychology of money for investment and wealth professionals, psychologist Daniel Goleman on using emotional intelligence to better serve clients, and Vikram Mansharami of Harvard University on how to spot bubbles and navigate economic uncertainty.
While there are many sessions available for practitioners interested in ACE’s track-focused education, highlights include:
- Investment Management: “Mitigate & Manage Risk: How and Why Advisors Use Options for Yield and Protection,” an overview of options strategies that can be used add diversity, reduce risk and add income to clients’ portfolios
- Wealth Management: “Why Philanthropy Matters to Your Clients and Should Matter to You,” exploring what clients really want from their advisors when considering their philanthropic endeavors
- Advanced Business Strategies: “Creating Client Connections that Build Rapport, Trust and Valuable Relationships,” an interactive session on learning how to make the most of professional and personal interactions and build connections, relationships and business
- Retirement Management: “Creating Retiree Cash Flows in a Low-Yield World,” discussing the bucket approach to retiree portfolio planning and how advisors can help retirees generate cash flow from a balanced portfolio
- Institutional Consulting: “Becoming the Go-To Advisor for the $1-$20MM Non-Profit in Your Area,” exploring how to meet and exceed the needs of endowment, foundation, or other charitable organization clients.
- The Art & Science of Wholesaling: “The Reports of the Death of Wholesaling Have Been Greatly Exaggerated,” a fast-paced panel discussion in which experts will share their wealth of experience and knowledge to improve wholesalers’ practices
Topics for ACE sessions are 100 percent peer-reviewed and based on the Institute’s Investments & Wealth Competency Matrix, a foundation for all of the Institute’s educational offerings focusing on five knowledge domains covering 22 knowledge sections. The matrix has recently been updated based on a detailed job analysis of more than 2,000 investments and wealth professionals in Fall 2017.
ACE offers a variety of continuing education (CE) opportunities for Certified Investment Management Analyst® (CIMA®), Certified Private Wealth Advisor® (CPWA®), Certified Investment Management ConsultantsSM (CIMCSM) and Retirement Management AdvisorSM certificants can earn up to 24–26 hours of live and online CE credits.
Journalists interested in receiving conference credentials or using the Institute’s on-site conference video studio should contact Greta Gloven, at ggloven(at)i-w(dot)org or (303) 850-3079.
About the Investments & Wealth Institute
Established in 1985, the Investments & Wealth Institute, formerly known as IMCA, is a professional association, advanced education provider, and standards body for financial advisors, investment consultants, and wealth managers who embrace excellence and ethics. Through its publications, events, assessment-based certificate programs, and advanced certifications, the Institute delivers premier-quality, practical education to advanced practitioners in more than 38 countries.
The Certified Investment Management Analyst® (CIMA®) certification is the peak international, technical portfolio construction program for investment consultants, analysts, financial advisors and wealth management professionals. The CIMA program is distinctive as one of only a few global certifications in financial services to meet international accreditation and quality standards (ANSI/ISO 17024) for personnel certification programs. The Certified Private Wealth Advisor® (CPWA®) certification is an advanced professional certification for advisors who serve high-net-worth clients. It’s designed for seasoned professionals who seek the latest, most advanced knowledge and techniques to address the sophisticated needs of clients with a minimum net worth of $5 million. Unlike credentials that focus specifically on investing or financial planning, the CPWA program takes a holistic and multidisciplinary approach.
The Investments & Wealth InstituteTM, IMCA®, Investment Management Consultants Association®, CIMA®, Certified Investment Management Analyst®, CIMC®, Certified Investment Management ConsultantSM, CPWA®, Certified Private Wealth Advisor®, RMASM, and Retirement Management AdvisorSM are trademarks of Investment Management Consultants Association Inc. doing business as The Investments & Wealth Institute. The Investments & Wealth Institute does not discriminate in educational opportunities or any other characteristic protected by law.