WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (PRWEB) February 20, 2018
Christina Lambert, a long-standing local leader, community activist and executive running for the West Palm Beach City Commission seat for District 5, has announced her plan to improve community schools in the city of West Palm Beach using her executive and education experience.
Lambert’s plans include:
- Launch and fund a city grant program for all West Palm Beach schools to help improve reading and math skills for students performing in the bottom 25 percent.
- Work with the school district and community to increase school attendance rates and participation.
- Work with the private sector to help connect students with apprenticeships, job training and internships programs.
- Support Village Initiative, to prevent and reduce youth violence, and city library programs to provide additional opportunities for kids.
- Identify opportunities for additional after-school programs to keep kids safe and off the streets.
“I have a plan to help improve our local West Palm Beach schools, which will benefit the entire community,” said Lambert. “As the only Commissioner with education experience, I will bring a diversity of ideas to help take on our city’s toughest issues.”
Christina Lambert’s success as an executive and her education experience speaks for itself. As CEO of the Education Foundation, a non-profit organization dedicated to advancing excellence in Palm Beach County's public education, Lambert helped more students, teachers and schools than ever before. Prior to joining, the organization was struggling. Lambert took charge by creating new community partnerships, mending relationships and increasing revenues to take the organization to new heights in its success.
Within her first year as CEO, Lambert noticed that teachers were paying for supplies out of their own pockets and launched the Red Apple Supplies Program. This program helped save teachers from spending their own hard-earned money and gave them access to free school supplies. By organizing the program, Lambert was able to raise more than $330,000 in donations to support kids and teachers in high-need schools.
About Christina Lambert
Christina Lambert, a long-time community activist and executive, is running for West Palm Beach City Commission District 5 in the upcoming Tuesday, March 13, 2018 election. Lambert is focused on working with residents, neighborhoods and the business community to create local jobs, prioritize public safety, improve the city’s local schools and invest in neighborhood projects. As the former CEO of the Education Foundation and executive director of Leadership Palm Beach County, Lambert has experience managing multi-million dollar budgets, creating efficiencies in services and overseeing community benefits programs. Lambert will bring leadership experience, effectiveness and new ideas to the City Commission.