There is an urgency to take steps now, as the enforcement deadline quickly approaches and applies to anyone who is currently operating with EU customers.
SANTA CLARA, Calif. (PRWEB) February 27, 2018
Solix Technologies, Inc., a leading big data application provider for empowering data-driven enterprises, announced today the results of its General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) readiness assessment survey, revealing that the majority of organizations are not prepared for May 2018 GDPR enforcement.
On 25 May 2018, the European Union (EU) will bring into force GDPR, a regulation which aims to put EU residents in control of their personal information. It regulates how information of EU residents is collected, stored, used, processed, transferred and deleted by an organization. Non-compliance can result in fines of up to 4% of the company’s global annual turnover or €20 million, whichever is higher.
From October to December 2017, Solix conducted an online survey on GDPR readiness with IT professionals at over 100 companies. Key findings from the survey include:
- 65% of organizations are unsure if an individual’s personal information is purged from all systems, forever.
- 22% of organizations are unaware that they must comply with GDPR, even if they are based outside of the European Union (EU), but hold data of EU citizens.
- 38% of organizations say that all their personal data under the new GDPR rules is not protected from misuse and unauthorized access at every stage in its lifecycle.
- More than half (64%) of organizations do not have a Data Protection Officer (DPO).
- While 82% of organizations say they know where their sensitive data is stored, only 55% maintain audit trails for data consents, collections updates, and deletion.
- 53% of organizations are not confident that processing of all personal data is based on explicit permission provided by the individual.
- 65% of organizations are not confident that their GDPR data will stay within the EU.
According to the April 2017 Forrester report, The Five Milestones To GDPR Success, “Shockingly, half of organizations across the EU and the US are unaware of the new European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). All firms providing services or products to European markets and/or those collecting data from European residents must prepare now.”
“Based on our survey data, it’s clear that the majority of organizations are not currently prepared to meet GDPR requirements,” said John Ottman, Executive Chairman of Solix Technologies, Inc. “There is an urgency to take steps now, as the enforcement deadline quickly approaches and applies to anyone who is currently operating with EU customers.”
To learn more and view the associated infographic entitled “Are you Ready for GDPR?”, click here.
About Solix Technologies
Solix Technologies, Inc., is a leading big data application provider that empowers data-driven enterprises with optimized infrastructure, data security and advanced analytics by achieving Information Lifecycle Management (ILM) goals. Solix Big Data Suite offers an ILM framework for Enterprise Archiving and Enterprise Data Lake applications with Apache Hadoop as an enterprise data repository. The Solix Enterprise Data Management Suite (Solix EDMS) enables organizations to implement Database Archiving, Test Data Management (Data Subsetting), Data Masking and Application Retirement across all enterprise data. Solix Technologies, Inc. is headquartered in Santa Clara, California and operates worldwide through an established network of value added resellers (VARs) and systems integrators. To learn more, please visit http://www.solix.com
Connect with Solix
Visit our website: http://www.solix.com
Follow us on Twitter: @solixbigdata
Join us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/solixtechnologies
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/solix-technologies/