AUSTIN, Texas (PRWEB) February 22, 2018
Display Supply Chain Consultants (DSCC) is pleased to announce the latest issue of their Quarterly OLED Materials Report. Prepared in collaboration on an exclusive basis with the OLED Association, it combines DSCC's deep knowledge on OLED capacity, shipments, yields and fab utilization with the OLED Association's knowledge on OLED device structures, OLED material prices, and the OLED material supply chain.
The Q4'17 report completes the picture for OLED stack materials in 2017, and revenues grew 43% to $869 million. As shown in Figure 1, DSCC expects OLED materials to continue to grow at a 24% CAGR from 2017-2022 to $2.56 billion. The revenue growth will be driven by even faster growth for revenues of Emitting Layer (EML) Dopant materials, expected to grow at a 34% CAGR from $205 million in 2017 to $872 million in 2022, and to increase their share of total OLED stack material revenue from 24% to 34%.
According to DSCC Co-Founder and President Bob O'Brien, "We continue to value our collaboration with the OLED Association, bringing us insight into OLED architectures and non-display applications like OLED Lighting. This quarter's report shows a new stack profile for White OLED, insights into new suppliers and all the rigor and detail that our clients expect from DSCC."
The report tracks all the major materials used to produce flexible OLEDs, rigid OLEDs, and OLED TVs. Both emitter and common material markets are quantified in revenues, units, area, and volumes by application through 2022. Design wins and OLED materials supplier share are also provided.
Additional Report Findings:
OLED Material Revenues - All Applications:
- Small/Medium applications are expected to continue to be the largest source of demand for OLED stack materials, with growth at a 24% CAGR from $513 million in 2017 to $1.52 billion in 2022, holding at 59% of the total OLED stack materials market.
- Revenues for TV applications will grow slightly slower than the overall market at 23% CAGR from $344 million to $963 million. This forecast anticipates the arrival of inkjet printing technologies that will enable RGB OLED structures at a relatively lower material cost.
- Material sales for OLED Lighting will grow at a 43% CAGR from $11 million in 2017 to $69 million in 2022, growing from 1.2% to 2.7% of the total OLED material market.
- As shown in Figure 2, among material suppliers, Universal Display Corporation receives the highest revenues from OLED material sales, with their material sales expected to grow at a 30% CAGR through 2022 to more than $600 million, and their share of the overall material market to grow from 19% in 2017 to 24% in 2022. Dow Dupont and Merck will continue to hold the #2 and #3 positions among OLED material suppliers, with 15% and 14% of the market in 2022, respectively.
This report includes the following deliverables:
Materials Companies Included in Report
- Universal Display Corporation
- Idemitsu Kosan
- LG Chemical
- Sumitomo Chemical
- Duksan Neolux
- Innox AM
- Samsung SDI
- OLED device structures
- Material classifications
- Material development trends
- OLED material descriptions
- Industry value chain descriptions
- Supplier profiles
- Supplier matrix
- Material pricing
OLED Material Forecasts (2016-2022)
- Shipment volumes and revenue projections
- Average prices (ASPs)
- Segmented by:
- Panel supplier
- Application - Mobile, TV, Other
- Form factor - Rigid vs. Flexible
Materials covered include:
- Small molecule emissive material (EML)
- Polymer emissive material (EML)
- Red, Green, Yellow, Blue host material (EML)
- Red, Green, Yellow, Blue dopant material (EML)
- Hole injection material (HIL)
- Hole transport material (HTL)
- Electron transport material (ETL)
- Electron injection layer material (EIL)
- Barrier layers (BL)
Display Supply Chain Consultants (DSCC) was formed by experienced display market analysts from throughout the display supply chain and delivers valuable insights through consulting, syndicated reports and events. The company has offices in the US, Japan, and China. They can be found on the web at http://www.displaysupplychain.com and can be reached in the US at info(at)displaysupplychain(dot)com or (512) 577-3672.