Going from .02 % to .01% slope doubles the fuel efficiency of the vehicle traveling on it since a 10% change in slope can affect the fuel efficiency by 10%. Given this fuel efficiency, a single large piece of equipment on a less steep slope could save a company $400,000 in fuel over 3 years
PITTSBURGH (PRWEB) February 26, 2018
Identified Technologies (“Identified”), today announced a suite of new drone mapping features and services for its customers in the construction, mining, energy, and engineering sectors. The new features which will be launched and automatically pushed to customers throughout 2018 include:
- Haul Road Analysis - Allows the user to incorporate mapped haul roads into the orthomosaic they receive when flying their site by drone. This analysis will cover the slope and width of the road.
- Slope Maps - Enables a user to move a cursor over any point to see the exact slope for that location. It will show slopes by both degree and % grade.
- Plan IQ Camera View - Provides a livestream of what the camera sees when the drone is flying. This is particularly valuable for maintaining continuous line of sight on the drone as it flies as required by the FAA regulations.
- Change Detection Tool Color Coding - Empowers users to change the colors in this tool so that the can color code piles of different things and measure change accordingly.
- Enterprise Site Permissions - Gives users more control over shared data, so they can customize the level of access and control they want to grant individual customers, contractors, and stakeholders.
- DJI Inspire 2 Drone - Customers will receive upgrades to the new DJI Inspire 2 with their Identified Technologies subscription. The Inspire 2 has enhanced accuracy, robustness and obstacle sense and avoid (SAA) capabilities.
The most dramatic changes to Identified Technologies’ Site IQ software capabilities are the Haul Road Analysis and Slope Map features. For these quickly constructed and heavily trafficked dirt roads, steep slopes results in dramatic increases in gas consumption and costs, accelerated wear and tear on vehicles, or exacerbated hazards from ice and inclement weather.
Going from .02 % to .01% slope doubles the fuel efficiency of the vehicle traveling on it since its documented that a 10% change in slope can affect the fuel efficiency by 10%. Given this fuel efficiency, a single large piece of equipment on a less steep slope could save a company $400,000 in fuel over a three year project.
About Identified Technologies
Industrial leaders use Identified Technologies scalable drone mapping solutions to increase project visibility and team productivity. Construction and excavation companies reduce their costs and win more business using job site data and analytics.
Identified empowers Fortune 500 and ENR 400 companies, including Kokosing, EQT, and Vulcan, with the ability to track progress on highways, well pads, mines and landfills in near real-time. Identified’s integrated software and services takes care of everything from FAA compliance and flight planning, to advanced analytics. Learn more @ http://www.identifiedtech.com
For more information about Identified Technologies, please see the Summary Video
Additional photos available upon request