iPray® restoring trust in God and each other through prayer.
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (PRWEB) February 28, 2018
With loneliness and depression on the rise in society and made worse with traditional social media (1), the developers of iPray®, a new social media platform, hope to reverse this trend. The intimacy and authenticity implicit in a faithful exchange of prayers is expected by the iPray team to reverse the trend of depression typical of other social media use. iPray, a new social media platform, listed on the Apple App store and Google Play as iPray.me, after quietly launching in July, is now debuting formally at the National Religious Broadcasters Convention “Proclaim 2018” in Nashville this week. The iPray platform is a mobile app based prayer exchange for faith oriented individuals and organizations.
The negative affects of Social Media on society’s mental health is documented by growing research (2). iPray, aims to change this. By facilitating prayer, iPray aims to provide an uplifting spiritual outlet for individuals and organizations that would like a more authentic way to interact and deepen relational intimacy.
iPray has been made to function utilizing the positive aspects of social media without the bad (3) :
- iPray encourages relational intimacy and depth by facilitating exclusively prayers.
- Prayers arguably are the most intimate and vulnerable communication a human being can make with themselves, God, and others.
- iPray reminders to pray and prayer update push notifications maintain an ongoing, authentic, and intimate interaction among iPray users.
- Unless a user turns a prayer reminder off, no commitment to pray for someone is ever forgotten with iPray.
- There are no “liking” prayer posts or prayer popularity contests.
- Maximizing privacy, individual prayers are only shared with those the user exclusively chooses
- Prayers created by individuals, outside of iPray groups, are never accessible to the public
- Individuals invited to pray can not see the other people invited to pray.
- The app does not allow for re-sharing of personal prayers.
- There is no commenting or “grand-standing” in iPray. There is just a one click “pray” button to communicate completed prayer.
- When individuals pray for others a notification is sent to the person prayed for to encourage them.
- There is no marketing targeting, advertising, or data selling in iPray
- iPray is user funded
In summary, social media has never made humans more connected but also so far apart. iPray is the social media platform drawing people back to intimacy with God and each other.
People are increasingly struggling with loneliness and shallow relationships in the digital age. iPray is the social media platform that helps people and organizations more authentically care for each other through regular prayer.
iPray® was created for individuals who believe an active prayer life will help us experience more of God's love and His love for us through each other. iPray® is a mobile app prayer exchange, not exclusive to any faith, keeping people more engaged with God, the ministries they believe in, and the people they care about.
iPray is a free app funded by voluntary user contributions and large private donations
Download iPray® at http://www.ipray.me/download
iPray is powered by metricfox.com