For the first time, a designer is now able to employ four sensing technologies by using just a single component.
AUSTIN, Texas (PRWEB) March 01, 2018
Azoteq, a pioneer in sensor fusion, today announced the release to market of the IQS621. The IQS621 ProxFusion® IC is a multi-functional, ambient light sensing (ALS), capacitive, Hall-effect and inductive sensor designed for applications for which any or all of the technologies may be required. The IQS621 is an ultra-low-power solution designed for short- or long-term activations through any of the sensing channels.
The IQS621 complements the existing part numbers in Azoteq’s ProxFusion® combination sensor family and adds ambient light sensing to the portfolio. The device is available in a low-profile UOLG (2.8 x 2.5 x 0.6 mm) 9-pin package, with minimal external components required.
The ProxFusion® family builds on Azoteq’s decade of capacitive-sensing experience and adds unique sensing capabilities in single-chip solutions.
“The IQS621 once again pushes the boundary in terms of sensor integration into a single IC,” said Jean Viljoen, Azoteq’s VP of Marketing. “For the first time, a designer is now able to employ four sensing technologies by using just a single component.”
Samples, production quantities and evaluation kits are available through Azoteq’s distribution channels and popular online distributors.
Unique combination of sensing technologies
- Capacitive sensing
- Ambient light sensing (ALS)
- Hall-effect sensing
- Inductive sensing
- Full auto-tuning with adjustable sensitivity
- 2 pF to 200 pF external capacitive load capability
- Down to 10 aF resolution
- Enhanced temperature stability
Ambient light sensing (ALS)
- Absolute lux output
- Human eye response compensated
- ALS range output (0 – 10)
- Dual threshold detection for day/night indication with hysteresis
- On-chip Hall-effect measurement plates
- Dual direction Hall switch sensor UI
- Two-level detection (widely variable)
- Detection range 10 mT – 200 mT
- Two-level detection and hysteresis for inductive sensing
- Only external sense coil required (PCB trace)
Automatic Tuning Implementation (ATI) – performance enhancement (10 bit)
- Minimal external components
- Standard I2C interface
- Optional RDY indication for event mode operation
Low power consumption:
- 75 uA (100 Hz response, 1 ch inductive)
- 95 uA (100 Hz response, 2 ch Hall)
- 75 uA (100 Hz response, 3 ch capacitive)
- 60 uA (100 Hz response, ALS)
- 25 uA (20 Hz response, 1 ch inductive)
- 25 uA (20 Hz response, 2 ch Hall)
- 20 uA (20 Hz response, 3 ch capacitive)
- 18 uA (20 Hz response, ALS)
- 2.5 uA (4 Hz response, 1 ch cap. wake-up)
Supply voltage: 1.8 V to 3.3 V
Low profile UOLG - 2.8 x 2.5 x 0.6 - 9-pin package
- Mobile electronics (phones/tablets)
- IoT, security, home automation and lighting control
- White goods and appliances
- Wearable devices
- Human interface devices
About Azoteq (Pty) Ltd
Azoteq (http://www.azoteq.com) is a pioneer in sensor fusion. With more than 12 years of capacitive-sensing experience, the sensor offering is now expanded to include multi-sensor technologies on single ICs. The first generation of ProxFusion® offers capacitive, Hall-effect, IR, PIR, inductive and ambient-light sensing. Azoteq has design and manufacturing centers in South Africa and China, and sales offices and distributors in South Africa, Asia, Europe and the USA.
IQ Switch®, ProxSense®, ProxFusion®, LightSense(TM), AirButton® and DYCAL(TM) are trademarks of Azoteq (Pty) Ltd.
Editorial Contact & Interviews:
+27 21 863 0033