Cloud-Native NFV is the next wave in the telecommunication and network function virtualization space, and Cloudify’s Cloud-Native VNF approach is helping VNF vendors to usher in this new era.
BARCELONA (PRWEB) February 28, 2018
***MOBILE WORLD CONGRESS***
The long-sought solution to one of the biggest challenges in the transformation to Network Functions Virtualization (NFV)—automation of Virtual Network Functions (VNF) onboarding—is taking center stage at Mobile World Congress this week. Cloudify’s Cloud-Native VNF approach is being demonstrated by Fortinet, 6Wind, NetNumber, Metaswitch and ASOCS; all are all using Cloudify as an embedded VNF manager to smooth their transitions to NFV and Cloud-Native architectures. All are presenting their use cases this week at Mobile World Congress.
In addition, system integrators TechMahindra, HCL and Kapsch are demonstrating how they are using Cloudify as the open platform upon which to build turnkey solutions for their customers.
See Cloudify in Action at MWC18
- Featured Integration: Fortinet — Hall 7 Stand N91 — Cloudify and Fortinet are partnering through the Fortinet Fabric Ready partner program. Cloudify has built a solution with Fortinet to deliver TOSCA-based security orchestration for their best-of-breed security appliances. Cloudify makes it possible to deliver dynamic services for all Fortinet VNFs across any cloud environment. Catch Cloudify presentations daily on The Benefits TOSCA-Based Security Orchestration.
- 6Wind — Hall 5 Booth 5B85 — See a demo of Cloudify Manager serving as the VNF Manager and NFV Orchestrator functions for the 6WIND vRouter.
- NetNumber — Hall 7 Stand 7D81 — See a demo of NetNumber’s integration of their TITAN platform with Cloudify to orchestrate the deployment as well as on-boarding, service chaining, and management of its various VNFs and specifically their signaling systems.
- Metaswitch — Metaswitch has selected Cloudify and will OEM Cloudify’s virtual network functions management (VNFM) capabilities in delivery of its own VoLTE TAS, vSBC and vIMS VNFs. There will be a demo at their booth.
- ASOCS — Hall 2 Stand 2E50 — Using Cloudify’s open source automation manager, Cyrus will be fully automated and orchestrated in accordance with the Open Network Automation Platform (ONAP), watch the demo here.
- Tech Mahindra — Hall 2.1 Stand 2.1C19Ex, Hall 2.1 Stand 2.1C14Ex, Hall 2.1 Stand 2.1C23Ex, Hall 2.1 Stand 2.1C21Ex — will be demonstrating ONAP running on Kubernetes using Cloudify.
- HCL — Hall 2 Stand 2H40 — will demo an orchestrated deployment of multi-slice core network (vEPC) on a distributed NFV Telco Cloud scenario using Cloudify.
- Kapsch & Advantech — will be leveraging Cloudify to supply the orchestration of both CPE-based and cloud-based central management for the CarrierCom and uCPE use case on white boxes.
- VNF Onboarding Hackathon — Cloudify powered a VNF On-boarding "Birds of a Feather" Session hosted yesterday by VMware and Intel. Participants in this hands-on technical session learned how to accelerate NFV adoption and remove the roadblocks of onboarding network functions.
***Read more about Cloudify at MWC18 in “The Cloud Native VNF Explosion” by Nati Shalom, founder and CTO of Cloudify.***
Cloudify’s Unique Approach to VNF Orchestration
VNFs allow network operators to deliver network services faster and at a lower cost, increasing competitiveness and generating new revenues. However, a lack of standards and developer abstraction has made the cost, time to market and agility of VNF deployments unattractive.
Cloudify’s approach—Cloud-Native VNFs—is a game changer. Developed by the community’s Cloud-Native VNF Partners, Cloudify enables automation through interoperability with existing network functions (even physical ones) alongside VNFs, enabling a smoother, faster, and more cost-effective transformation to cloud-native networking. Cloudify is open source, lightweight and embeddable. It has a small resource footprint and fits into a single container or VM. Cloudify is integrated with ONAP and Kubernetes and is the leading TOSCA orchestration platform.
Cloudify supports a range of cloud environments including VMware, OpenStack, AWS, Azure and Google Cloud Platform, which allows VNF vendors to offer these integrations in their products through embedded VNFs. Cloudify offers a configuration plugin to simplify the configuration of a large variety of VNFs, eliminating custom code. This simplifies both VNF onboarding and complex service chaining. VNF composition can be created through a reusable blueprint configuration.
“Cloud-Native NFV is the next wave in the telecommunication and network function virtualization space, and Cloudify’s Cloud-Native VNF approach is helping VNF vendors to usher in this new era,” said Sharone Zitzman, vice president, marketing of Cloudify. “The explosion of Cloudify use cases being demonstrated at Mobile World Congress is evidence that we have reached an inflection point in the industry and have found an open source solution that is being broadly embraced with great success.”
Cloudify specializes in IT operations automation technology that manages application and network services through open orchestration. The company’s open source Cloudify software enhances the velocity and reliability of software deployment, lifecycle management and network functions in cloud-native environments. Cloudify is used by telecoms, internet service providers, financial services firms, e-commerce companies and others for NFV operations and cloud management & orchestration. Cloudify is the leading orchestration provider behind the TOSCA specification, is a founding member of ONAP and is an active member in the OASIS and ETSI standard bodies. Cloudify has corporate offices in the US, Europe and Asia. More at cloudify.co.