Experiencing a culture is enhanced when you include senses other than sight and sound, and ‘tasting’ the culture and history of Hawaii through unique local dishes creates a deeper connection and longer lasting memories.
HONOLULU (PRWEB) March 08, 2018
This month, And You Creations announced the start of their newest tour, Island and You — a circle-island bus tour sharing the history and culture of Oahu and Hawaii through the lens of a local food experience.
“We worked hard to put together a unique tour experience,” said And You Creations Vice President, Shanti Holland. “Experiencing a culture is enhanced when you include senses other than sight and sound, and ‘tasting’ the culture and history of Hawaii through unique local dishes creates a deeper connection and longer lasting memories.” He added, “We’ve trained all of our English and Japanese speaking tour guides to provide educational information, historical context and unique insights for each location that our guests visit on the tour.”
The Island and You tour is a bilingual tour conducted on And You Creation’s fleet of passenger vans, driven by CDL-certified drivers with an unprecedented 100% safety record. It is run every weekday with departures from several locations around Waikiki starting at 8:30 AM.
Over the course of almost eight hours, the Island and You tour includes:
- Freshly made blueberry and cream cheese scones from Diamond Head Grill eaten at Kapiolani Park
- Tastes of Poi, Squid Luau Luau, and Kalua Pork at Waiahole Poi Factory
- Free Hawaiian coffee samples and a try at cracking your own macadamia nuts at Oahu’s only macadamia nut factory
- The Kahuku specialty, garlic shrimp straight from Fumi’s near Oahu’s north shore
- A visit to the Kahuku Land Farm stands to pick up fresh locally grown fruit to snack on at Sunset Beach
- Plus, visits to see Honu (Hawaiian sea turtles) at Puaena Point, shopping in old town Haleiwa, and learning the history of Kukaniloko Birthstones State Monument
A map of the tour has been included to provide a bird’s eye view of the areas of Oahu which guests will visit. It can be linked back to the Island and You web page at https://andyoucreations.com/island.
About And You Creations: And You Creations originally started in 1989 as Dolphins and You, the longest-running dolphin swim tour on Oahu, serving over 200,000 guests. In 2016 they started Nature and You, a hiking tour on the Manoa Falls Trail. This month they continued their growth with the launch of Island and You, and have plans to expand into other tours in the coming months and years.