ROCKVILLE, Md. (PRWEB) March 14, 2018
Interactions between cancer cells and the immune system play an important role in anti-cancer immune responses. A healthy immune system constantly surveys tissues for signs of cancer. Upon identification of cancer cells, an anti-cancer immune response proceeds via immune cells such as CD4 and CD8 T cells, which identify and kill cancer cells.
Recent clinical observations indicate that infiltrating CD4 and CD8 T cells in the cancer microenvironment are associated with improved clinical outcomes. However, in certain cancer patients, the immune system maintains a continuous state of inflammation in the cancer micro-environment and in turn promotes cancer cell growth and metastasis. Cancer cells and other cells in the cancer microenvironment such as fibroblasts evade or suppress this anti-cancer immune response, by enhancing the inflammation-driven recruitment of immunosuppressive cells such as regulatory T cells (Tregs) and Myeloid Derived Suppressor Cells (MDSCs) thus preventing the proliferation, migration, and infiltration of immune cells such as CD4 and CD8 T cells.
IMMUNE 3D™ is a physiologically relevant 3D system that is used to screen, select, and discover immuno-oncology drug candidates and potential biomarkers. The system utilizes patient-derived immune and cancer cells and is uniquely designed to monitor and study factors that affect the proliferation, migration, and infiltration of immune cells in the cancer microenvironment when compared to traditional tumor spheroid assays.
IMMUNE 3D™ can be customized to study:
- Immunosuppressive mechanisms such Myeloid Derived Suppressive Cells (MDSCs) and Regulatory T cells (Tregs)
- T cell and immune cell infiltration and migration
- Chemokines and chemokine receptors involved in immune infiltration
- Stromal factors that contribute to immune suppression
- Identification of cancer antigens/neo-antigens and their impact on immune cell infiltration
- Metabolic and hypoxic factors and their effects on cells such as MDSCs
- Epigenetic changes in the cancer environment
About IMMUNE 3D™
IMMUNE 3D™ is a company developing novel three-dimensional co-culture systems to screen, select and discovery immune-mediated drug candidates. Please contact IMMUNE 3D™ to learn more about our capabilities and areas of interest. E-mail us : info(at)immune3d(dot)com