Email systems in the cloud require the same level of data protection as local email servers, and with Retrospect 15, it's easy.
WALNUT CREEK, Calif. (PRWEB) March 06, 2018
Retrospect®, Inc., makers of award-winning Retrospect Backup & Recovery software, today introduced email protection and new AI features with the release of Retrospect 15 for Windows and Mac. With email protection, homes and businesses are able to protect their email accounts from accidents, password errors, or malicious deletion, as well as the ability to migrate email from one service to another. Retrospect 15 also includes BackupBot, a new collection of features combining artificial intelligence and personalized data protection analytics, in addition to modular Data Hooks in a new dashboard, open source GitHub repositories for extending functionality, and remote backup support for remote employees.
Email Protection and Migration
Email systems for businesses have migrated from local servers to cloud services, but those services are prone to the same data loss scenarios as a local email server. Accidents happen. An employee might delete the wrong email or lose access to their account, or a rogue user could remove everything from the system. Email systems in the cloud require the same level of data protection as local email servers, and with Retrospect 15, it's easy.
- Data Protection – Customers can use Retrospect to back up their IMAP email accounts to a local or cloud destination, and they can restore a lost email or account with a couple clicks.
- Email Migration – Migrating from one service to another has never been easier. Back up the account with Retrospect, and simply restore it to next account. Retrospect copies every email and attachment over.
- Support for Major Services – Retrospect's email protection supports all major email services, including Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, and AOL.
- Two Free – Every edition of Retrospect includes two email account licenses, so customers can start protecting their email immediately.
Remote backup with Retrospect enables organizations to protect both employees in the office and remote employees across the world. Enabling remote backup requires minimal configuration on the server-side network and no changes for the remote employee's network, and it supports proactive scripts–with ProactiveAI–for backup when employees are online and on-demand restore for employees to get files back without assistance.
BackupBot combines artificial intelligence and personalized data protection analytics to embed more intelligence in Retrospect's data protection strategies. Retrospect is now easier to set up, more intelligent at scheduling backups to optimize the backup window, and better at predicting future storage needs.
- 1-Click Backup – With one click, BackupBot will automatically configure a Proactive script with all available sources to a selected destination. An entire backup strategy in a single click.
- ProactiveAI – With ProactiveAI, backup scripts will optimize the backup window for the entire environment based on a decision tree algorithm and linear regression to ensure every source is protected as often as possible.
- Storage Predictions – The dashboard includes a 'Storage Predictions' section that uses a linear regression algorithm on past backups to estimate future storage growth, helping customers understand their future storage usage based on current consumption.
Further Enhancements for Retrospect 15
Retrospect 15 also includes the following features and performance enhancements.
- Data Hooks – Data Hooks are extensible dashboard plugins to summarize every important aspect of what Retrospect is doing, from storage to ongoing activities to overall protection.
- Open Source on GitHub – Customers can customize their environment with Data Hooks, Script Hooks, and Selectors available as open source code on GitHub at github.com/retrospectinc.
Retrospect Virtual 2018
Retrospect Virtual is now more capable than ever with support for larger environments through replication and redirection. Management Console replication allows administrators to have a standby server running in case of hardware failure on the main backup server, and Management Console redirection enables a server to load balance incoming backup requests. In addition, Retrospect Virtual 2018 extends its data protection to Linux guest virtual machines.
Retrospect Web Console
The Web Console is the next step for the Retrospect interface, with the console running as a web application and the engine as a background service. As a web application, customers will be able to access it from any internet-connected device, including a console application, a desktop browser, and a mobile browser on iOS and Android. A preview release for Windows and Mac will be available in May 2018.
See details at retrospect.com/web_console.
Pricing and Availability
Retrospect 15 for Windows and Mac are available immediately. These versions are free updates for customers with current qualifying annual support and maintenance contracts and are immediately available for purchase from your preferred reseller or retrospect.com as an electronic download. Retrospect is available in 6 languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, and Japanese.
Pricing for Retrospect ranges from $49 for Retrospect Solo, which protects a single non-server computer, to $3,999 for Retrospect Multi Server Premium, which protects as many Mac, Windows, and Linux servers and PCs as your bandwidth and storage capacity will allow. Upgrades range from $69 to $2,509. (All prices listed above are MSRP in USD.) Special pricing is available for Education, Government, and Non-Profit settings. For a complete listing of new and upgrade product pricing, please visit retrospect.com.
See a full list of the new features at retrospect.com/latest.
Retrospect backup and recovery software provides small and midsize businesses with the reliability, ease of use, power, and flexibility needed to protect critical data on mixed-platform networks. Retrospect offers local and offsite backups, precise point-in-time restores, file-level deduplication, iOS remote management of multiple backup servers, end-user-initiated restores, and industry-leading customer support. With more than two decades of field-tested expertise and millions of users worldwide, Retrospect meets the needs of organizations that require the highest level of recoverability.
About Retrospect, Inc.
Retrospect, Inc. is dedicated to providing reliable backup and recovery tools for professionals and small-to-midsize businesses. For additional information, please visit retrospect.com.
Retrospect is a registered trademark of Retrospect, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their registered holders.