2017 represented a huge milestone in Datto’s history and we’re thrilled to be kicking off 2018 on a strong note, including the successful sales and marketing integration with our colleagues from Autotask.
NORWALK, Conn. (PRWEB) March 06, 2018
Datto, the world’s leading provider of MSP delivered IT services today reported unprecedented growth in 2017, including the addition of more than 2,900 Managed Service Provider (MSP) partners to its network. The company also announced plans to build on that positive momentum for 2018 with new products, partnership programs and new hires and promotions.
Following the end of year acquisition by Vista Equity Partners and the merger with Autotask, specific results for 2017 were unveiled today in the following areas:
- MSP Partners: Under founder and CEO Austin McChord’s continued leadership, Datto now supports more than 13,000 MSP partners working with more than 500,000 small and medium sized businesses (SMBs) in 125 countries, making Datto the largest MSP-centric company in the world.
- Revenue Growth: Monthly recurring revenue shot up by 36 percent, and the company’s Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery (BCDR) solutions experienced 33 percent growth.
- Global Expansion: The Australia and New Zealand region added 372 new reseller partners and the EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) region added 638 new reseller partners in the same timeframe, representing examples of notable growth in international markets.
McChord just wrapped up visits to key European locations last week, including speaking in Milan, Italy—the company’s second-largest MSP market on the continent— along with visits to London, Munich, and Amsterdam. Combined with its strong North American footprint, this international expansion will help propel Datto towards its revenue goals while continuing its profitability and focusing on further innovation.
“2017 represented a huge milestone in Datto’s history and we’re thrilled to be kicking off 2018 on a strong note, including the successful sales and marketing integration with our colleagues from Autotask,” said McChord. “My meetings this week on the ground with our European MSP partners, along with many prospects, provided important insights and will help fortify our plans to continue to scale rapidly and smartly on a global basis.”
2018 Plans and Global Expansion:
Datto’s top notch solutions and customer support, combined with Autotask’s IT management tools including PSA and RMM, reflect an unparalleled range of capabilities for the MSP community. These capabilities are being further bolstered by additional news this week:
- Product Updates: Datto announced today an upcoming update to the Autotask Endpoint Management product. Dubbed the “Reporting Release”, this impactful update includes a new flexible report scheduler and significant improvements to how partners produce professional and accurate end-client reports. The release also includes updates to other areas of the product including Patch Management, Anti-Virus Management and a dramatic improvement in ticket creation through the unification with Autotask PSA.
- MSP Partner Program: As a 100% channel-drive company, a formal referral program has been rolled out globally. This program incentivizes existing MSPs partners to refer new partners to Datto. Partners who refer new clients are eligible for a $1,000 referral bonus if their referral makes a purchase within 6 months of submission.
- New Hires: Datto anticipates hiring more than 100 (net) new employees this year in both North America and the UK. The new positions include software and product engineers and can be viewed here.
- Executive Promotions: Several promotions within the company’s senior leadership team were recently communicated: Michael Fass will now serve as Datto’s General Counsel and Chief People Officer; Tim Weller as the company’s Chief Operating Officer and Chief Financial Officer; and Matthew Richards as interim Chief Marketing Officer.
“We’re excited about these positive developments and are only three months away from DattoCon18, now combined with Autotask Community Live, where we are expecting more than 1,200 MSP partners in Austin this June,” continued McChord. “In addition to a stellar lineup of speakers including Robert Herjavec, stay tuned for another major speaker announcement soon.“
At Datto, our mission is to empower the world’s small and medium sized businesses with the best in enterprise-level technology. We do it by equipping our unique community of Managed Service Provider partners with the right products, tools and knowledge to allow each and every customer to succeed. It's an approach that’s made us the world’s leading provider of MSP delivered IT solutions. Datto is headquartered in Norwalk, CT, with offices worldwide. Visit http://www.datto.com for more information.