It is an honor to serve on SIA’s new Women in Security committee as it recognizes the countless women working in this industry, and our collective achievements and contributions.
SILVER SPRING, Md. (PRWEB) March 08, 2018
The Security Industry Association (SIA) announced today, International Women’s Day, the establishment of the SIA Women in Security Forum to support the participation of women in the security industry. Through programs, professional development and networking events, the committee will engage members, both men and women, who share this goal.
The inaugural steering committee for the SIA Women in Security Forum includes (listed alphabetically by company):
- Elaine Palome, Axis Communications
- Chelsea Render, Bosch
- Kelly Bond, Brivo
- Vicky Lowe, Convergint Technologies
- Janet Fenner, Dahua Technology USA
- Sherida Sessa, ISC Security Events
- Dawne Hanks, Milestone Systems
- Christine Hamberis, ScanSource
- Alice DiSanto, Sharp Intellos
- Maureen Carlo, Videotec Security
“It is an honor to serve on SIA’s new Women in Security committee as it recognizes the countless women working in this industry, and our collective achievements and contributions. It also presents a great opportunity to engage, mentor and help further empower a new generation of women executives in the physical security industry,” said Dahua’s Fenner.
“It is a privilege to serve a forum keenly focused on propelling women within the security industry. Providing a venue where future female leaders can strengthen their know-how, while networking and brainstorming around future solutions with peers can only improve competency and esteem,” said Sharp’s DiSanto.
“Our success depends on the quality skill, and values of our employees. At Axis, we believe that a diverse and talented workforce is a key competitive advantage and that different backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences are important drivers of innovation. We are pleased to be taking part in this joint initiative with SIA,” said Palome of Axis Communications.
Potential goals for the forum include:
- Create mentorship/sponsorship programs to advocate for advancement and build confidence in the workplace.
- Connect women in the industry through networking events.
- Develop a recruiting program for next generation female professionals and leaders.
- Initiate an ongoing dialogue between male and female leaders to enhance mutual understanding.
- Identify platforms that can provide visibility for women.
- Spearhead an issue that will create opportunities for women to work together and be at the forefront of a major initiative.
Membership is open to SIA members in good standing (nonmembers are eligible for up to 90 days). To get involved or to get more information, contact Kim Landgraf, SIA staff manager, at klandgraf(at)securityindustry(dot)org.
About the Security Industry Association
The Security Industry Association (SIA) (http://www.securityindustry.org) is the leading trade association for global security solution providers, with more than 800 innovative member companies representing thousands of security leaders and experts who shape the future of the security industry. SIA protects and advances its members’ interests by advocating pro-industry policies and legislation at the federal and state levels; creating open industry standards that enable integration; advancing industry professionalism through education and training; opening global market opportunities; and collaboration with other like-minded organizations. As a proud sponsor of ISC Events expos and conferences, SIA ensures its members have access to top-level buyers and influencers, as well as unparalleled learning and network opportunities. SIA also enhances the position of its members in the security marketplace through SIA Government Summit, which brings together private industry with government decision makers, and Securing New Ground®, the security industry’s top executive conference for peer-to-peer networking.