NEW YORK (PRWEB) March 09, 2018
AKUA creates plant-based foods made from the most sustainable source of food on the planet: kelp. The company sources its kelp from its network of New England based ocean farms that require no fresh water, dry land, or fertilizer to grow. The farms also work to reverse climate change by sucking carbon from the ocean; they create new habitats for hundreds of shoreline species; and they also work as storm-surge barriers to our coastlines.
The benefits of kelp for the planet’s health are numerous and kelp is also incredibly healthy for the human body.
- Kelp is full of protein, vitamins, and minerals including zinc, magnesium, iron, potassium, copper, and calcium (10x more than milk).
- Kelp supports your body’s ability to absorb water and is a rich, natural source of iodine that helps to stimulate a healthy metabolism.
- Kelp is also one of the only foods that expands in your stomach, making you feel fuller longer.
It is truly a food for a better future. AKUA's Commander-in-Chef includes Will Horowitz who is responsible for creating the company's line of meat-alternative foods all made from the most sustainable source of food on the planet: kelp.
On, AKUA is launching its first product - Kelp Jerky - to the world via Kickstarter. Kelp Jerky is a high-protein (8g per serving), high-fiber, plant-based snack that’s free from refined sugar, soy, and gluten.
The week of March 6th, AKUA launched on Kickstarter to build its early community and to raise funds to run its first fully scaled production, purchase recyclable packaging (which costs twice as much as regular packaging!), and launch its online shop so they can sell internationally from day one.
- “Kelp Jerky is the gateway drug to get you hooked on eating seagreens!” -Courtney Boyd Myers, Co-Founder, AKUA
- "I was prepared to come up with a nice response after eating this, but actually, it’s really rather delightful. It’s incredibly delicious. Well done." - Sir Richard Branson
Kickstarter Date Launch: March 6, 2018 Funding target: $25,000
Kickstarter URL: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cbm/kelp-jerky-the-superfood-snack-from-the-sea
For more information about AKUA’s Kelp Jerky go to http://www.akua.co.
Join the conversation on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest @LifeAkua
#kelpjerkyiscoming . About AKUA:
Founded in 2017, AKUA includes the founding team of Co-CEO and CMO Courtney Boyd Myers, Commander-in-Chef Will Horowitz, Co-CEO and CFO Matthew Lebo, and Director of Supply Morgan-Lea Fogg. AKUA is a mission driven brand creating healthy food products from sustainably sourced ocean seagreens.
WEBSITE: AKUA.CO CONTACT: CBM(at)AKUA(dot)CO PHOTO ASSETS