In our opinion, making a simple will doesn't need to be a laborious or expensive thing to do...so why not give it away for free and help families and charities all over the country - not just for one month a year, but forever?
(PRWEB UK) 15 March 2018
- Beyond have launched a revolutionary free online will-writing service for anyone in England and Wales
- Previously consumers would have to pay hundreds of pounds to have a will written (1)
- March is ‘Free Wills Month’ (2), when certain charities subsidise the cost of simple wills for over 55s - but Beyond are making it free forever, no matter how many times you update your will or how old you are
- If just 5% of the UK population used this service, the total saving would be over £650 million (3)
- Over half (60%) of UK adults are currently without a will, meaning that over 31 million now run the risk of their estate being distributed contrary to their wishes (4)
Challenger brand Beyond today unveiled a revolutionary online free will-writing service, helping consumers in England and Wales save hundreds of pounds in will writing services.
Beyond are on a mission “to free people from their worries surrounding after-life arrangements” and recently gained national coverage in The Times for their work on making funeral costs transparent. This free online will writing service continues their progress towards disrupting one of life’s most archaic industries.
Currently, solicitors usually charge consumers £100 to £200 for a simple will. Even existing online will writing services charge £50. If just 5% of the UK population used Beyond’s free online will writing service, the total saving would be in excess of an astounding £650 million.
March is ‘Free Wills Month’, when charities offer members of the public aged 55 and over the opportunity to have their simple wills written or updated free of charge. However, Beyond believe that every adult is entitled to a free ‘simple’ will throughout the year and no matter how old they are.
Ian Strang, CEO and co-founder of Beyond says: "In our opinion, making a simple will doesn't need to be a laborious or expensive thing to do. In fact, once we’d built the technology, we realised that there’s no cost to us for anyone to use it - so why not give it away for free and help families and charities all over the country - not just for one month a year, but forever?”
Visitors to the Beyond website can now make their will in around ten minutes by answering a few quick questions about themselves and their wishes.. Once they’re happy with their will, visitors can simply print it off and sign it with two witnesses to make it valid. They can come back at any time and update it for free.
The number of people without a will in the UK is at an all-time high. 60% of UK adults don’t have a will, meaning that over 31 million people now run the risk of having their estate distributed solely according to intestacy law, which may not reflect their wishes. Three quarters of the 35-54 age group have taken no steps to ensure their loved ones would inherit their estate according to their wishes.
Beyond have worked with expert legal advisors to make sure they use the latest legal precedents in all their wills, and all their legal texts have been approved by STEP lawyers. Once the wills produced by their service are printed and signed with two witnesses, they become valid and legally binding.
Beyond are members of the Institute of Fundraising and abide by the Code of Fundraising Practice.
Notes for Editors
(1 Lawyers fees for will writing services - https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en/articles/using-a-solicitor-to-write-your-will
(2) Free wills month - https://freewillsmonth.org.uk/
(3) UK Population by age - https://www.statista.com/statistics/281174/uk-population-by-age/
(4) Unbiased research on wills - https://business.unbiased.co.uk/press-releases/31-million-uk-adults-at-risk-of-dying-without-a-will-2-10-2017
(5) Beyond’s membership of the Institute of Fundraising - https://www.institute-of-fundraising.org.uk/consultants-and-suppliers/find-a-supplier/beyond/
Name: Ian Strang
Tel: 0208 629 1600
At Beyond (https://beyond.life), we’re building a trusted consumer brand for everything after life. Our mission is to free people from their worries about after-life arrangements.
We help consumers find the right funeral director for their needs, compare pre-paid funeral plans, write wills and get help with funeral costs and estate administration.
We provide consumers with more choice, better service and value for money.