For our twentieth anniversary, and first international event. We’re pulling out all the stops. This promises to be the experience of a lifetime with a record number of likeminded people sharing that experience. Our goal is to smash our previous attendance record (50) set in 2017.
CHICAGO (PRWEB) March 09, 2018
“Our Host Resort will be the Executive Suites in Squamish, a mere 45 minute drive to the trailhead. Also of note will be a pre hike briefing at the top of the Sea To Sky Gondola,” shared Bobrow from his company’s Chicago headquarters.
The following video presents some of the activities awaiting participants:
“For our twentieth anniversary, and first international event. We’re pulling out all the stops. This promises to be the experience of a lifetime with a record number of like-minded people sharing that experience. Our goal is to smash our previous attendance record (50) set in 2017,” concludes AIM Dental Marketing's President, Daniel A. 'Danny' Bobrow.
Timeline of Events
Friday, Sept. 21st will be our catered Old Timer’s New Climbers Social and Pre Hike Briefing where both seasoned and first time CFACers will have a chance to get acquainted with the Event and one another.
On Saturday, Sept. 22nd there are several activities from which to choose including: mountain biking, kayaking, golf, and shopping. At 5 p.m. the entire team will ascend the Sea to Sky Gondola for dinner and a pre-hike briefing, while taking in sweeping views of the Howe Sound, luscious coastal forest, and surrounding terrain.
Sunday, Sept. 23rd is the Main Event: the Panorama Ridge Trail near Garibaldi Provincial Park, Whistler, BC. The hike is 30 kilometers (18 mile) gaining 1,520 meters (nearly 5,000 feet).
The hike begins at day break, leaving plenty of time to take in the views and reach the Destination, then freshen up and enjoy a well-deserved, followed by a Post Climb Banquet and Awards Ceremony.
PACE-Approved continuing education credit will be offered to those who attend.
- Backpack with sufficient capacity to carry items below
- Water Bottles or Hydration Reservoir (3 liters minimum) Note: it’s good to have at least one bottle as a backup in the event the reservoir leaks. Please practice accessing water without stopping to unload your pack.
- Lightweight Rain Shell
- Head Lamp (w/fresh batteries)
- Sun Hat (or hood)
- Lightweight Synthetic Top and Bottom Layers (NO COTTON!)
- Bandana or small towel
- Comfortable hiking boots
- Light Pair of Gloves to protect against blisters from trekking poles
- Snack Food, include salty foods, like crackers sufficient for 10 hours – about 2000 calories
- Electrolyte Tablets, Energy Drink, etc. – sufficient for 10 hours
- Personal Medications
- Personal First Aid: Moleskin or similar blister treatment, triple antibiotic, bandages, gauze, scissors etc.
- Toilet Paper (in zip lock bag to protect from precipitation, as well as to pack out ‘everything’ you came in with)
- Towelettes / Handi Wipes
- Small trash bag
- Trekking poles – be sure to have a way to stow your poles while hiking, if necessary
- Camera (w/fresh batteries)
Hikers are encouraged to train with their equipment, especially footwear and pack, to know how to adjust it for comfort.
The Executive Suites is only one hour 45 minutes from Vancouver Airport.
For more information call 312-455-9498 or Director(at)ClimbForACause.org
To register visit: http://www.climbforacause.org/event-registration/