JPMA has been hosting the Innovation Awards for more than 26 years and it is one of the most exciting programs we offer the industry.
MOUNT LAUREL, N.J. (PRWEB) March 19, 2018
From high-tech apps and interactive toys to important safety gear, the most innovative products of 2018 will offer parents ground-breaking new ways to safeguard and care for baby, while making their lives easier.
These products and more are among those announced today by the Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association (JPMA) as finalists for the 2018 Innovation Awards Competition, sponsored by BabyCenter.
“JPMA has been hosting the Innovation Awards for more than 26 years and it is one of the most exciting programs we offer the industry,” said JPMA Executive Director Kelly Mariotti. “Companies continue to introduce breakthrough products into the marketplace and we look forward to watching these companies prosper.”
“The 2018 Innovation Awards winners prove that regardless of generation or life stage, parents want gear that is high quality, safe, and easy to use. Some of the award nominees also demonstrate that parents are buying into the Internet of Things – far beyond smart speakers and health and fitness trackers,” said Kimberly Rutt, regional sales director of BabyCenter. “Whether a connected device or not, one thing is for sure – to win with parents, brands must first and foremost anticipate their needs, find ways to make their lives easier, and help them feel like they are doing what’s best for baby.”
The 2018 Innovation Awards finalists are:
- 4moms - 4moms breeze plus
- Baby K'tan, LLC - Baby K'tan Weekender Diaper Bag
- Baby Trend - Baby Trend® Mobile App with Connected Gear™ as featured on Secure Snap Fit® 35 Infant Car Seat
- Babycomfit LLC - Under all baby pants
- BooginHead - PaciPal Teether Blanket
- Buggygear - Buggygear 3-Speed USB Rechargeable Turbo Fan
- Cache Coeur - Curve washable nursing pad
- Childhome BVBA - Evolu One.80°
- Colgate Mattress Atlanta Corp. - The zenBaby™ Hybrid 2-in-1 with KulKote
- Colorland Mother & Baby Care Limited - Colorland Transformer Baby Hip Seat & Carrier
- Combi USA, Inc - Join. Baby Carrier
- CYBEX - Sirona M with SensorSafe 2.0
- Diono - Carus Complete
- Diono - Traverze
- DockATot - Aristot
- Doddle & Co - the chew™
- Ennovate Products LLC - The Evolutionary Humble Bee “Nurse-Sling”
- Ergobaby - Ergobaby Omni 360 Carrier
- Evenflo Company, Inc. - Evenflo® EveryStage™ DLX All-in-One Car Seat
- Evenflo Company, Inc. - ExerSaucer® Gleeful Sea 2-in-1 Activity Center + Art Table
- Evenflo Company, Inc. - Evenflo® Pivot Xpand™ Modular Travel System with SafeMax™ Infant Car Seat
- ezpz - The Sip
- Fisher-Price - Fisher-Price® 4-in-1 Ocean Activity Center
- Ginsey Home Solutions - Playtex Potty Genie 3-in-1 Potty Trainer with Liner System
- Glow Organics - Glow Organics Bath Bomb Set
- Green Toys - Green Toys Dough Set
- HALO Innovations - HALO Bassinest twin sleeper
- Happiest Baby - Sleepea by Happiest Baby
- iBaby Labs - iBaby Care M7
- Itzy Ritzy - Milk Boss Infant Feeding Support Pillow
- JOLiMOLi - Sagepole High Chair
- KidCo, Inc - Retractable Safeway Gate
- Kolcraft Enterprises - Contours Curve
- Korede - Milola Clutch
- Luv Bug Company - UPF 50+ Car Seat Cover
- Malarkey Kids (formerly Munch Mitt) - Chew Cube Easy-Grip Teether Rattle
- Malarkey Kids (formerly Munch Mitt) - Buddy Bib Animal Collection
- Medela LLC - Quick Clean™ Breast Pump & Accessory Sanitizer
- MOBY - MOBYFit
- Nanit - Nanit Smart Baby Monitor
- NISSI & JIREH, Inc - 4 in 1 Universal Pacifier Holder Plush Toys
- Oralign Baby LLC - MyPaci Classic Plus pacifier
- OXO International Ltd. - OXO Tot Space-Saving Drying Rack
- OXO International Ltd. - OXO Tot Stick & Stay Suction Bowl
- OXO International Ltd. - OXO Tot Silicone Self-Feeder
- OXO International, Ltd. - Air Stroller
- Petunia Pickle Bottom - Inter-Mix Backpack + Inter-Mix System Deluxe Kit
- PRIMO - 2-In-1 Voyager Smart Infant Swing and High Chair
- Prince Lionheart, Inc - Tubimals™
- Project Nursery - Project Nursery Smart Baby Monitor System
- Skip Hop - Nursery Style Light Up Diaper Caddy
- Skip Hop - Explore & More Follow-Bee Crawl Toy
- Skip Hop - Skip Hop Explore & More Jumpscape Foldaway Jumper
- Sleep n Feed - Sleep 'N Feed
- Summer Infant - My Bath Seat
- Summer Infant - Baby Pixel™ 5.0 Inch Touchscreen Color Video Monitor
- The Boppy Company - Boppy™ Teething Scarf
- The Boppy Company - Boppy™ ComfyFit™ Baby Carrier
- Think King - SitAlong Toddler Luggage Seat
- Travel Tray - Travel Tray
- Veer Gear, LLC - Veer Cruiser
- Whisbear - Whisbear The Humming Bear
- WOW GEAR - WOW CUP MINI 360 Bottle
JPMA graciously acknowledges the selection committee of media representatives, safety experts, and retail buyers who volunteered their time and effort to serve on the judging panel:
- Jessica Hartshorne, Parents Magazine
- Amy Morrison, Pregnant Chicken
- Jill Koziol, Mother.ly
- Torine Creppy, Safe Kids Worldwide
- Sondos Elnakib, Toys R Us
- Joyce Slaton, Baby Center
- Mia Weber, Family Media
- David Goldberg, Baby Blossom
- Mat York, Dad Mat
- Brian Grochal, UL
“The JPMA Innovation Awards are an industry standard and a celebration of innovation and excellence in the juvenile products market," commented Jill Koziol, Co-Founder of Mother.ly and 2018 Innovation Awards Judge. "I’m excited by the products nominated and their user-centered focus on solving challenges for today’s parents. I look forward to seeing the products in person in DC.”
The winners will be announced on Thursday, March 22 at 6:30 p.m. in Washington, D.C. during the JPMA Baby Show. JPMA will be awarding eight category awards and an overall highest score across all categories -- the Best in Show award. Parents nationwide will also vote on their must-have product for the JPMA Parent's Pick Award. Parent's Pick voting is now live and can be voted on here (https://babysafetyzone.org/hot-topics/2018-parents-pick-award). Media are encouraged to attend the awards ceremony and meet-and-greet immediately following.
The Innovation Awards Competition started in 1989 as the Most Innovative Product Contest and has evolved through the years to become a highly recognized competition. It was officially renamed the “Show Off” Product Competition in 1992, however in 2003, JPMA decided the contest should be called the “Innovation Awards” to more accurately represent the focus on innovation.
Join us at this year’s JPMA Baby Show!
- Register for media credentials at https://ashq.eventsair.com/2018-jpma-baby-show/media. We encourage you to attend Wednesday - Saturday for both the JPMA Baby Show and the DC Baby Show.
- Book your hotel here: http://jpmababyshow.org/hotels. Please book now to get your first choice!
- Check out the JPMA Baby Show schedule here: http://jpmababyshow.org/jpma-baby-show-schedule-glance. We're adding new speakers and exhibitors daily so check back often.
For more information on the JPMA Baby Show visit http://jpmababyshow.org.
The Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association (JPMA) exists as the voice of the industry on quality and safety for products intended for babies and children. We do this by:
- Advocating for safety through product certification programs and legislative and regulatory involvement;
- Supporting a broad and diverse membership through member-only programming and industry promotion;
- And by acting as a comprehensive source for baby product information and education.
JPMA members represent 95 percent of the prenatal to preschool products sold in North America. To find out more information about JPMA, our certification program and products certified, and for a complete listing of JPMA Members, please visit http://www.jpma.org (http://www.jpma.org/). Follow JPMA on Twitter @JPMA and connect with us on Facebook to learn about additional safety tips and JPMA initiatives.