SCOTCH PLAINS, N.J. (PRWEB) March 22, 2018
NJ Top Docs proudly presents reviewed and approved general surgeon, Edward D. Buch, M.D., F.A.C.S., for the second year in a row. Dr. Buch is board certified in general and vascular surgery, vascular technology and wound care, in addition to having been practicing medicine for over 25 years.
After receiving his medical degree from the State University of New York’s Downstate School of Medicine in Brooklyn, Dr. Buch completed his surgical residency at Downstate Medical Center as well as completing a vascular fellowship at the Medical College of Virginia in Richmond.
Currently, Dr. Buch performs general and vascular surgeries at RWJ Somerset Hospital. A common list of general surgeries that Dr. Buch performs include:
- Cholecystectomy – Removal of the gallbladder; gallstones
- Hernia Repairs
- Minimally Invasive Laparoscopic Surgery – done for many problems including gallstones, appendicitis, inguinal and abdominal hernias, colon problems, and abdominal pain.
- Wound Care – Comprehensive treatment to patients suffering from chronic, non healing wounds. Patients are usually treated on an in office basis. Advance care surgery like skin grafting may be required for certain wounds to heal.
A common list of vascular surgeries that Dr. Buch performs include:
- Aneurysms – may include endovascular or open repair of abdominal aortic aneurysm or popliteal artery (aneurysm at artery behind the knee) to prevent life-threatening rupture.
- Dialysis Access and Creation/Insertion and Maintenance – AV (arteriovenous) fistulas and AV grafts are surgical procedures to create a direct access for the dialysis specialist to withdraw and reinfuse blood for dialysis.
- Peripheral Arterial Disease treatments – Restoring blood flow with a vascular procedure provides good relief of symptoms. Procedures include but not limited to: Balloon angioplasty and/or stenting; Atherectomy is a procedure that utilizes a catheter with a sharp blade to remove plaque from a blood vessel. A surgical bypass reroutes blood flow around the blood vessel blockage by creating a new pathway for blood flow using a graft or patient’s vein.
- Varicose Vein treatments – Modern advancements in medical treatment have made the goal of restoring proper venous blood flow by eliminating varicose veins even safer and more effective. Treatment methods vary from collapsing the veins from the inside – endovenous vein ablation (heat) – or physically removing the vein, to different methods of sclerotherapy.
To learn more about Dr. Edward D. Buch, visit his custom NJ Top Docs webpage by clicking here: https://njtopdocs.com/nj-doctors/edward-d-buch-m-d-f-c-s/
NJ Top Docs a comprehensive, trusted and exclusive healthcare resource featuring reviewed and approved Top Doctors and Dentists in New Jersey online in an easy to use format. NJ Top Docs only reviews and approves providers based on merit after they have been extensively vetted.
NJ Top Docs is a division of USA Top Docs which allows patients to meet providers online before making their appointment.